A little photo documentation:
Valentine's day prep and celebration. I hate all the candy that they got. I contributed to everybody else's candy though so I guess I can't complain. I wish Valentine's day was about giving books, not treats. Maybe next year I'll be creative and come up with something else. They sure think it's fun though.
I'm loving Hal's picture smile lately. I have to catch her off guard or this is what I get. She's a little ham.
********************************************************************************
Little Carter is quite a reader. He has been reading Harry Potter and I told him when he finished we would have a party to celebrate. Well, he did it and last Friday we had a party to celebrate. I copied most of my ideas from my creative friend Brooke and found a few other ideas on the internet.
We made Butter Beer. It was delicious. The kids loved it. It tasted like Butterscotch soda. Or like a butter rum lifesaver. Here is the recipe we used.
Magically Easy Butterbeer Recipe:
Butterbeer:
2 liter cream soda
2 tablespoons Butter extract
2 teaspoons rum extract
*drop the extracts into the 2 liter bottle, put on cap and slowly rotate until combined.
Cream topping:
1 7oz container of marshmallow creme
1 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon rum extract
*add all items together in an electric mixer and combine until smooth.
Pour the butterbeer into a glass, drizzle with the cream topping, and enjoy!
We had Bertie Bott's every flavor jelly beans, licorice whips, a sorting hat....
We were all picked to be in Gryffindor, of course.
We had golden snitches. Ferrero Rocher with little wings attached.
We made our own wands. Chop sticks with hot glue, spray-painted brown. The kids loved these. We had the Harry Potter soundtrack playing in the background on spotify and we played a few games then watched the movie. IT was so much fun. The kids loved it. They were all worn out by the end of the night and carter and I were the only ones who finished the movie. We will have to do more of these fun movie nights in the future. They can't stop talking about it.
*********************************************************************************
And lastly, documentation of them cleaning. They are pretty good little helpers. Especially Savanna.
Asher took a little reading break. The kid loves books.
At least that catches us up a little bit. I hope you're having a great February. We are getting a little anxious for spring around here.














2 comments:
I love your Harry Potter party! Please invite us next time. And I'm not surprised that savanna is the best cleaning helper.
That party looked so fun! Good job, Mom!!
Post a Comment