Sunday, February 3, 2013

Birthday Boy

I can't believe my little Asher Basher is already 1.  My, oh my, how time flies.  We had a very casual birthday.  We started out with some waffles.  He ate two entire waffles.  Exactly twice as much as his momma.  The kid is into eating lately.  
 After his morning nap we heading out to the indoor aquatic center.  The kids decided that is what he'd like to do best to celebrate his birthday.  He did love it!  Sadly, the water was much colder than normal due to some boiler issues so we only swam for about 45 minutes.  They gave us some free passes to come back though.  Then we headed to chick-fil-a for some birthday lunch.  This birthday was celebrated for the bigger kids.
(sorry it's blurry)

 In fact, we only got him a few presents.  I felt a little guilty, but he doesn't need anything.  I don't know if it's because he's my fourth kid and I am a slacker by now or if he's my fourth kid so we have everything.  I think either provides a valid excuse.  So he got some fancy sippy cups-no more bottles for him!  The kids also picked out a pail and shovel for him at Target.  I think they were thinking about how much they would enjoy it in the sandbox come spring, but whatever.  He didn't care.
 Let's pretend this is a pretty fancy cake.  It's just not.  Cake fail for sure.  I got a special tupperware that bakes a cake mix and can of pop in the microwave in just 6 minutes.  It was so light and fluffy that it was a bit crumbly though.  Then when I tried to frost it I noticed that we were out of powdered sugar.  I blended some up in my blender but I don't think I did it long enough as it was a little coarse still.  So there you have it.  It looks like he already messed it up.  I guess I should have just let you think that...:)  Still tasted scrumptious though.  Another fail:  This isn't his first treat (another 4th child consequence).  He enjoyed it but it wasn't anything new.  So he started throwing it on the floor.

And that was it.  He was happy and cheerful as always on his special day.  He did like that we all kept singing to him.
Asher at 1:
-LOVES to dance.  Will start grooving whenever he hears music.
-Waves and claps
-No more casts!  He pulls up on things and cruises along furniture.  No walking yet.  I think two broken legs may have put him a bit behind.
*funny side story-  He makes this funny grunting noise in the back of his throat.  He has since about 9 months.  He grunts then laughs a little.  I didn't really notice it until after, but he never grunted while he had his casts and broken legs.  It was only after they came off that he started up with the grunting again.  It is one of my favorite things he does.  He's funny.  And when we laugh at him he'll do it more.
-He says uh-oh, dada, momma, more, and all done.  We have been doing the signs with him for these too, but he's more interested in just saying them.
-He's an eater.  He eats more than Halle at every meal.  I predict that in 6 months he'll weigh as much as her.  She's 4 years old.
-He is perpetually happy.  He has such a fun little personality.  He will tease and laugh.  Not much can get him down.
-Loves to cuddle and good sleeper.
We just love our little guy so much.  We feel so blessed to have him in our family.  He has really brought us together.  I love that the older kids get a chance to have a baby they remember.  (They were all pretty much babies at the same time.)  They can't get enough of him.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Sweet, happy little boy! I think he & Seth will start having a lot of fun playing together at this age! Happy Birthday buddy!

Gina said...

Happy belated birthday! We did think of him on the actual day. Him and the groundhog :) Emerson is loving looking at your pictures, and just said "Asher is so cute." Probably because I just said "Asher is so cute."

Kylene said...

Happy day to your handsome little one. I can't believe he ate two waffles! He'd win an eating contest with Liv for sure. They should date someday.