I have been feeling very content lately. I am so happy with my little family. I just love them so much.
Carter is such a good little student and helper. We dropped him off at a birthday party the other day and Mike heard some boys say they were glad he was there and they thought he was funny. It made me happy. He's had some big adjustments lately and he's handled it swimmingly. He's good at making friends. I like him.
Hal makes me laugh every day but you can't tell her that. She doesn't like being told she's funny or silly. I just smile really big inside when I hear her say, "oopsies, I kindly spilled mom." She says kindly instead of kind of. She also loves apples. LOVES. That's good because we are working on nutrition here at our place. I'll save that for another post though. What can I say about this girl? She is the bright spot in my day. Everyday. She is a good helper and babysitter.
And this little guy. I can't imagine our family before him. He's the missing piece. We feel complete now. AND, he slept 10 hours the other night and I'm routinely getting at least 8-9 hours of sleep a night. He's a dream.
I hope they remember how much their mom loved them. I want them to remember reading stories together, snuggling for movies, tickling their backs, driving crazy in the car so Hal won't fall asleep, doing puzzles, helping me cook even when they dump the entire thing on the floor and it takes at least twice as long, scriptures during breakfast, and FHE when we're almost finished and they got to perform tricks. I have always wanted to be a mom. It's much different and much harder than I ever thought. BUT, I wouldn't trade these special little spirits for anything in the world. I guess I'm feeling nostalgic lately. We like to watch old home movies and their little voices kill me. They sound so sweet. How is time flying by so quickly? I need it to just stop right here. I would be happy to live with them at this age forever. I know that's not the plan though so I'll just try to take as many pictures as I can and write down my favorite thoughts about them so I don't forget. And I mostly hope that they remember how much I love them.





5 comments:
You are such an awesome mom! What cute little kiddos! We miss you guys so much!
ahhhhh loved this post. ur the best mom ever!!!
I'm tearing up! Love you guys!
i'm in LOVE with Savannah's blue/white dress! where did you get it?
Oh boy Steph, way to go, this is the sweetest post, I just love your little thoughts at the end. I totally teared up!
Post a Comment