Sunday, May 20, 2012

Took a little break.

I don't know if anybody really reads this besides my mother, sister, and a handful of other people.  So I decided to take a little break from blogging and see what it was like.  I've been tired lately and it seems I'd rather sleep than blog.  Plus, we haven't had a ton going on the past few weeks.  But as I'm not a great journal writer, this has become somewhat of a record of our little family.  So here is what we've been up to.  Lots of pictures, consider yourself warned.

We blessed Asher.  Mike gave him a beautiful blessing.  He nearly didn't fit into his back-up outfit.  He'd completely outgrown the original.  Oh well.


Last Sunday we celebrated Carter's birthday at grandma's house.


This past week I took the kids to St. George.  Mike was down at the huge church farm in Florida for the week and I wasn't feeling like staying home all week so we took off.  Carter turned 7 on Tuesday and it was a fun way to celebrate his birthday. We swam, splashpaded, and played outside in the HOT weather. It was a great little break for me.  We stayed with our friends.  I learned a lot from my great friend Melissa.  We had wonderful conversations.  She has such great insight on things that don't even enter my mind.  It was enlightening.










I took a few pictures of the kids while we were there.  I try to do this around their birthdays.






A few random things.
Bike riding is in full swing.

That's all for today.  I'll try to do a better job of keeping up.  The next few weeks should be busy and then summer will be here.  Carter has 2 weeks left of school and then we are moving...AGAIN.  Wish me luck!  Have a great week.




7 comments:

Mindy said...

You look really awesome in that first picture. Super hot.
Also, Lucas loves Asher. Later that night he told me that he can't wait to have a kid who will sit around topless with him.
I'm glad you guys had a fun trip!

PS I got an email from Carter. He's too old.

Melissa Hernandez said...

Did you stop sending email updates with your new updates? I feel like I haven't seen your blog forever, there are tons of cute pictures! The kids look darling in all their pictures, so do you!! I miss you guys!

Bec said...

Enjoy your sleep. :) And your fam is getting cuter and cuter. That little Asher is darling. Just don't stop blogging forever. The journaling aspect (coming from a total hypocrite) is priceless.

MinDee said...

You seriously look gorgeous! What a cute family you have. Asher is so cute, can I just kiss those cheeks?!!

Melissa said...

It was a great week. You are too kind--I learn just as much from you :) See you soon!

Melissa said...

Is your mom's fireplace woodburning??? love the front on that--please get me details :)

Jenny said...

I love your pictures!!! You look amazing! I love reading your blog and seeing your cute family!