Thursday, April 26, 2012

spotty updates.

Sorry for the spotty blog updates as of late.  Our internet isn't my favorite so I haven't been on the computer much.  I have lots of things in my head though.  We'll see what makes it out.

Being a mom:
I am loving my job lately.  I really enjoy being home with the kids.  They sure know how to drive me crazy but we have a lot of fun.  I like teaching them things and seeing them learn and develop skills and talents.  Latest progress:  Carter is reading the Book of Mormon.  I'm sure proud of him.  He actually reads it really well.  Savanna is a total natural at gymnastics.  They've moved her up 2 classes in the last month.  Just ask her to show you her cartwheel and handstand.  She's a little pro.  Her teacher told me she was really strong, even in her arms.  Didn't get that from me.  Halle.  She loves to sing.  And watch out because she does it all day long.  Asher is a pro smiler.  Sometimes it takes him 25 minutes to eat because he has to stop and smile at me 100 times.  It's actually rather comical.  He's a good baby.  Getting pretty chubby.  Here is the evidence.  His hair is driving me crazy.  I may just shave it all off.


chunky cheeks and thunder thighs.

I'm so glad these girls have each other.  It saves me hours every day.


What else?  I love this.  
I always worry about what other people will think of me.  But you know what?  That doesn't matter at all.  It only matters what I think of me and my little life and family.  For example.  We just bought a house.  All a long, we had planned on building again.  Our same house.  We really liked it.  But we couldn't find a lot that we loved and we didn't know what area we wanted to be in or what schools would be good for the kids, etc.  It just wasn't feeling right.  So we decided to buy a house.  And as soon as we started looking we found a great one.  And bought it.  And it went so fast and smooth.  It was just meant to be.  It feels right.  It was an answer to prayers.  But it wasn't exactly what I would have picked or designed.  I think I got spoiled picking out every little thing last time.  I didn't get to do that with this house.  BUT, I love it and I know it will be good for our family.  And it only matters what I think about it because I love it.  Come and see it.  We're moving next month.  Again.  Yep.  You heard right.  Two moves before Asher is 4 months old.  Crazy.  It's what we do though.  We're worse than a military family.  Hopefully we'll stick around here for a few years at least.  

This makes me think of the kids.

And this.  I'm sure you've seen it.  Love.  President Uchtdorf gives talks that really stick with me.  I think it's because they lend themselves well to printables.  They are catchy.  This talk came when I really needed to hear it.  Long story.  Except you probably know about it if you've talked to me recently.  Anyway.  Love it.
That's all for now.  My littlest guy needs to eat.  Enjoy your day.  

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yes! Shave his head! Did you ever decide on a blessing outfit?

Also, you have really good kids. Great job.

The Adams Family said...

Yes you do have really great kids!!!

But I say don't shave it!!! He is so cute and the hair adds personality ! :)