Wednesday, April 4, 2012

PCMC

Today I am quite grateful that we have such a wonderful pediatric children's hospital so close.  Monday night we ended up there for a long while with little Carter.  For the past few months he's been having terrible headaches.  He often ends up puking because he's in so much pain.  This past week he's had the headaches almost every night so Mike wanted to call the Dr.  They sent us up to Primary Children's that night.  Of course when we got up there, we found out it was the busiest night in a month due to a RSV outbreak.  Wonderful.  I had taken the baby so feed him because I knew we'd be up there for a while. Still praying he doesn't get sick.  Anyway, hours later we saw the Dr. and he ordered a CT to rule out tumors and masses.  After another long hour, we got the results.  No tumor!  What a relief.  They think he has juvenile onset migraines.  And he'll probably deal with them for the rest of his life.  So they gave us some tips to deal with them along with a consult to see a Neurologist and an ENT.  Fun, I tell you.  They were wonderful even though it took so long.  They brought treats for the parents, movies for Carter, and treats for him when he could eat again.  It was totally geared towards kids.  So we got home in the middle of the night and I still got to get up and feed the baby.  I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever feel fully rested again.   iphone documentation.  When we left he told me that he had a great time.  Thanks for taking him.  


 Looking in his eyes.
 CT.  This made it all worth it for him.  He got a bouncy ball and a sticker.  I got a multi-thousand dollar bill.  :)
 He started taking pictures because he was bored.
They gave him a slushy.  He thought it was like a fun outing.  Sheesh!

5 comments:

Kari said...

Wow! That is crazy! I'm so glad it wasn't anything more serious, but that still stinks for him. I've heard nothing but amazing stories about that Hospital...

Melissa Hernandez said...

poor Carter, hope he is feeling better! What a trooper. And, definately blessed to be so close to PCMC!!

Mindy said...

His little face is so sweet when he's going into the scanner ... what a dream.
Lucky kid!

MinDee said...

poor kid! That's awful! I'm glad it's nothing serious, but feel bad that he has to possible deal with migraines the rest of his life. Yay for PCMC!

Kourtney said...

It's always something right?! Gabe's ears are his constant battle, Tristan always complains of tummy aches, maybe I should take him in. Good thing they are so cute!!