I went in for my 6 week post-partum check-up this week. And ya know what they told me? They told me I was borderline on their scale for post-partum depression. They are watching me closely because I had it with Halle. I sort of smiled when she asked me how I was feeling. Do you want to know how I am feeling??
Since January: Mike got a new job and is in SLC most of the time. He comes home on the weekend and tries to come home a day during the week. Being a single mom is very hard. Especially when you are pregnant or have a new baby. Oh yeah. I had a new baby. He's 6 weeks old today. Time flies...when you are trying to pack up your house and move. Our house was for sale so we could move and be closer to Mike's job. We are totally lucky--no, I believe we are blessed. Our house sold almost the day I wanted it to. I wanted to have the baby here, have a few weeks with no interruptions, and then sell our house quickly (getting so sick of keeping it clean all the time!!!), and move a month or so later. Well, this weekend is moving week. See? Blessed. So blessed. I have been busy packing up the entire house. Thank heavens for some wonderful friends who have helped me with food, kids, and packing boxes! Where would I be without you? You are wonderful and will be sorely missed!! Still, it has been so stressful. Lots of times I just want to curl into a ball and cry. We also had to find a place to live down there and we're still looking for the perfect lot to build on again. So maybe that's why I'm borderline on your depression scale, ma'am.
This is what I have to think to myself multiple times throughout the day.
Sometimes I say a prayer asking for help to make it through the next hour. It's been hard. But, you know, I've learned I'm tougher than I thought. I used to count down the minutes until Mike got home every night but now I learned I can make it almost a week without losing my mind and patience. My mom and sister are coming tomorrow to help me finish packing and cleaning and I can't wait. They are really the most helpful. Next time I blog it will be from a new place. {slightly smaller, but with far less stress!} Wish us luck. Come visit. We're gonna have a pool!

3 comments:
Yes, chin up buttercup! I can honestly say I completely understand the 'single mom' feeling. Rod was in Africa for two weeks last month and it just about did me in! You have a lot going on right now and adding a new little one into the mix can sure make things interesting. I'm glad your mom is on her way to the rescue. Hang in there (I know, I know, it's easier said than done). Good Luck as you begin this new adventure!
I'm sorry :( Wish I could help you out! I see my husband 2 hours a day (he works 3 jobs currently) and I can count on Sundays. Saturdays are optional. But I can't imagine how tough that would be with a new born and packing up a house! You take the cake girl! Good luck! You CAN do this! :) Love you!
Oh Steph, I am sorry about all the transition that has hit you all at once. I still count the minutes until Glade gets home, so I can only imagine having to go a whole week! Hang in there, things will calm down soon :) Love you guys.
Post a Comment