Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Family Life Project:  March
Week 2--Siblings
 The kids are starting to feel a bit better so I let them hold the little guy for a few pictures.  They were thrilled.  They really love him.  He's lucky to have them.
 I was talking to a friend about how close they are in age.  Carter is 6, Savanna 4,  Hal 3, and baby Asher.  I realize that is pretty crazy, but I like it that way.  It is rough sometimes, but its getting easier every day.  The older kids are turning into such helpers.  They play together quite well.  They have little squabbles like I'm sure all siblings do, but they are best buddies most of the time.  Carter's even been sleeping in with the girls because they like to tell stories at night.
I was talking with my mom about it.  I'm the oldest of 4 and my sister is almost 3 years younger than me.  We lucked out and got to go to high school together though.  We discussed how your siblings have such a big influence on who you are.  I think this is so true.  It still is for me.  The only time I even know about new music is from my siblings.  The new Coldplay songs on my playlist came from the past weekend I spent with them.  Coldplay is Brett's favorite.   My sister has picked out the last 3 new shirts I have.  I could go on and on.  While friends and parents have a big influence, I think I'm mostly who I am because of my siblings, especially my sister.  That's why I'm sure happy they have each other. Even as I sit and type this they are playing in the other room.  Carter is teaching Halle how to be a ninja.  


I'm one lucky momma.

5 comments:

Kylene said...

Adorable pic's. I seem to always be telling Rod how grateful I am our older two have each other. Yes, they tease and fight like crazy but they are best friends and really do love each other. They have been such good helpers with the baby and I, like you, count my blessings for my little family. Such a sweet post.

Kari said...

Oh I LOVE the one of all of them together - precious! -you ARE one lucky mama!

Jenny said...

Your kids are so sweet! I love how alert Asher is! What a cutie!

Jenny said...

Your kids are so sweet! I love how alert Asher is! What a cutie!

Mindy said...

Very cute.
I'm glad we got to go to school together too. And I love picking out shirts ... hurry up and move so we can easily meet in Park City!!