Monday, February 6, 2012

He's here!!

Baby Asher Scott Bladen
2-2-12 (thank you for all remembering my weird thing with even numbers, I was so happy about the day!)
6 lb 11 oz
20 inches
1:39 pm





If you want the tiny bit more involved version, keep reading.

Our little baby arrived safe and sound February 2, 2012 at 1:39 pm.  They induced me early so Mike wouldn't miss it.  All of my kids have been early and my labors are generally quite fast so we decided to have the baby on the second of Feb.  Hooray for me!  So they called that morning at 6 and were so busy in L&D that I had to wait.  They called around 9 and I went in to get started.  They got my IV in and started the Pitocin.  I was dilated to a 5.  They turned up the pit a few more times but my contractions weren't that bad so we were waiting for the Dr. to come over during her lunch and break my water.  She showed up around 1.  At this point I hadn't changed much.  She had surgery at 130 so she said she'd call right before she went in.  I was anxious to get going because I was going natural and it was starting to hurt a bit.  :)...Then it started hurting A LOT!  I knew it would be more painful to get started, but I really wanted MIke to be there because I knew it would be harder to go naturally without him.  Well, the pit was really cranked up now and I was having contractions almost on top of each other.  I was about ready to give up when she told me I was complete and could push.  My poor doctor came running down the hall right as she was supposed to start her surgery and delivered my little guy after one push.  Oh was I happy to see him!  He had so much hair.  We love him.  He's such a good little guy.  And so handsome.  The other kids were thrilled to meet him.  And I'm happy to be done.  I feel like I waited a long time for him.  And there you go.  More pictures to come in the next few days.  I can't stop myself.

15 comments:

Mindy said...

I just love him. I'm so jealous that Mom got to come up before me ... but I will see you tomorrow night!
Tell the other kids that I'm excited to hang out with them - can't wait to see you all!

Kim said...

Congratulations to you and your cute family! I am so excited he has arrived & all is well:)

Kourtney said...

Yea! He is sooooo cute! And I am so glad that it went quick for you, congrats!

Stacy B said...

He's too cute! Can't wait to cuddle him. Good job:)

MinDee said...

He is so precious! Wow, for you going natural! You're awesome! I've thought about going that route next time, if there is a next time ;) Congratulations! I'm so glad Mike could be there. He is a beautiful baby.

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

What a sweetie! Wish I could hold him right now! So glad all went well. I'm sure his siblings are LOVING him. Please take MANY more pictures. Oh, and I love his name.

Emily T. said...

Oh Steph, he is so cute. I love all that hair! So glad he's here & all is well.

The Campbell Clan said...

He's super cute Stephanie, congrats!!!

Melissa Hernandez said...

I seriously can't wait to see him!! what a cutie!!!

Jenny said...

Congratulations!! LOVE his big bright eyes :)

Alldredge Memories said...

I love him!!! So fun! Presents are on the way!!!

Kylene said...

What a little darling. So precious. Congrats again.

The Webber's said...

He is so cute! All that hair and those gorgeous BIG eyes!!! I still need to come see him and I have something to bring over. And my kids are begging to see him but I don't want to bring them too soon. So, let me know when you are ready for visitors! Enjoy him - He is so sweet!

ali monson said...

Yay! He is a beautiful boy. So glad he made it safely to your arms after so much waiting. Hope you are soaking up this special time amidst all you have going on in life. Can't wait to see more pictures.