Friday, January 20, 2012

It seems none of my posts these days have a theme.  They are all random compilations of what we do.  Sorry if that is boring.  Speaking of boring... I am done working and I've got to say, I'm a bit bored.  I think that's why I'm doing all of these crafts and projects.  And the kids quit their activities since we are moving with the exception of Carter's bb games.  So we're pretty bored around here.  My house is always clean (mostly in case people stop by to see it), I feel fairly organized, ready for baby, and I'm just waiting... What did I do before I had kids??  I'm excited for our new little guy to get here so I'll have more to do.  {and maybe if I write this all out, our house will sell next week and I'll have to pack it all up and have the baby in the same week and I won't be bored at all...I'm ok with that too:)}  I'm really grateful for my little family.  Mike's job is going very well.  It is just perfect for him.  I love when the Lord has a wonderful plan in store for us and if we are patient enough for it, everything works out way better than we had ever hoped.  I feel like that now.  I have so much to be grateful for.  I really am glad that I don't have to work anymore, it's just a bit of an adjustment for me.  I got used to getting the same stuff done in a shorter amount of time so I could spend time working and sleeping so now I have a bunch of extra time.  Can I help any of you?? Can you think of any projects for me?

So you're again left with what we did this week.  Nothing spectacular.  I should show you a few pictures of baby's nursery though.   And don't laugh.  I did this for Mike and Carter.  Star Wars.  My fun sister spotted the idea on Pinterest.  We're good except the vinyl.  I can't put it up since we're leaving.  The rest of it I really like though.  The crib sheet is vintage from 1979.  I won it on ebay.  I also love my cute pillow and a few toys from back in the 80s.  They are pretty cool.  The other stuff is just random Star Wars stuff the boys already had and let me borrow.  









And another sewing project.
Loyalty Card holder/P&S Camera case


Other things we've been up to:
 My favorite new treat:  White chocolate Peppermint Steamer from Kneaders.  It is so good.  I'm sure I'd like the other flavors just as well, I just get this one every time because it is so yummy.
 Hanging out at the mall during a house showing.  They wanted us to be gone for an hour and a half at dinner time.  Awesome.
And shopping and having lunch at Sam's.  (Soon to be Costco!!  Can't wait to move!!)

7 comments:

Mindy said...

I like that I'm you're "fun" sister. Like we have another, boring sister. The nursery looks great, I'm really excited to meet him.
And I'm excited for Tuesday. Target!

bladenfamily said...

Silly. Not that I have another sister, just that you're fun!

Kourtney said...

I love the nursery, it is so awesome! Can't wait for that little buster to get here!

Kari said...

I think it is just the time of year! We're bored too!! :) I'll think of a project for you. Heaven knows I've been nesting!

The Webber's said...

If you are bored, call us! We are always up for a play date! And you are always welcome to come over if you have a house showing!

Anonymous said...

I love the Star War's theme! Matt and Rhett would die over that! Looks like you have been busy lately? Have you guys decided where you want to move yet?

Bec said...

I love that you did StarWars for your nursery! Really! It totally rocks! And when/where are you moving??