Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!  I feel it's going to be a good one.
We've had a lot going on lately.  Today is Mike's first day at his new job.  He is going to be great.  I am really excited for him.  I'm also a little nervous for me.  He does so much for me around the house and I'm a little afraid that things are going to be rough until we are all back together full time.  I know it will make me appreciate him even more.

Yesterday was a great day.  He sent me to the spa to get relaxed and pampered and ready to deal with him being gone.  It was wonderful.  Until I got my hair cut.  I don't know what the poor girl was doing.  It was the worst hair cut I have had in my entire life.  I came home in tears.  It was really terrible.  There was probably an inch difference between the sides if you were looking at it from the front.  It is a great salon with a good reputation.  She must have been new.  That's what I get for being so last minute with my hair.
Anyway, Mike called the place and explained.  They said they'd fit me in that night so I didn't have to walk around with my hair that way for a day.  So I went back and had the most wonderful hair experience.  I was sure it was beyond repair.  But, my new stylist Jesse was a magician.  He fixed it.  I like it even better than before.  He had just moved here from LA.   He told me his mom was here and he wanted to be closer to his family and get back into the church.  He was raised LDS and even served a mission.  He was fresh from California and you could tell in the way he talked and acted.  It was just what I needed.  He knew I was stressed out because of my hair and I told him about Mike being away for his job and how I was scared I was going to have the baby without him.  He just plain asked me if I had talked to Heavenly Father about it.  He told me that he was sure I understood the principle of FAITH and I just needed to trust in the Lord.   He said the baby would come into the world even if Mike wasn't there but that it didn't matter.  What mattered was that Mike was a good dad and he would be there for him the rest of his life.  I don't know why, but it was just what I needed to hear.  I have been worried and my answer and comfort came in the form of a hair guy fresh from LA getting back into the church.  It was fun to get my hair fixed.  I was smiling and laughing by the time I left.  Crazy.

And, for Christmas I got a little P&S camera I can throw in my bag and hand to anybody to take pictures of the baby.  I LOVE my big camera.  But it is big and heavy and not a lot of people know how to use it and I was worried about pictures I would miss or have out of focus so this was a good solution for me.  The kids love to use it.  Here are a few of the fun pictures they took.  The especially love the fish-eye lens feature.







1 comment:

Kylene said...

Happy New Year! Where is the pic of your new hair cut?? :) I hope things are going well for you and that you can get everything moved ok. I'm sure it is stressful being pregnant and not having the hubby around. I would help if I were closer.

What p&s did you get? I asked for one for Christmas too but last minute decided I wanted to go into the store and hold a few before I bought online. I hate lugging my big one around all the time!