We headed to my moms for our Nielson Christmas party on friday. We were glad everybody was there. Mindy and Lucas flew in from Michigan that day. While on their trip, their twins were born. They were too early and only lived for a bit. They named them Wyatt and Josie. It has been hard. Mindy and Lucas are doing remarkably well. Don't talk to me or my mom about it though. I'm still pretty much a mess. You should look at her blog. She is amazing. MINDY'S BLOG
The nativity: The wise queen Rapunzel (there were no wisemen)
The angel.
The innkeeper.
The next day was Christmas Eve. We had a few more family parties with yummy food. It was nice. Halle didn't fall asleep until after 11. She was nuts. I was woken up around 3 with some painful contractions that wouldn't stop. Perfect timing. I tried to go back to sleep and felt a little better when the kids woke up. They loved their stuff...for the most part. Savanna came out and looked at her pile and just sat there. Finally she said, "That's not the right Ariel doll." Way to go Santa. She got over it though and we had a fun morning. I got some great stuff this year. Then Mike took the kids to church because I was still feeling pretty sick. I slept most of the afternoon but I was still having contractions so I finally went to the hospital. Turns out I had a little bladder infection from a kidney stone I had earlier in the week and I was dehydrated, all of which was making me contract. So I got some fluid and meds and they sent me on my way a few hours later feeling a bit better. They told me to take it easy. Good one. They don't know what I have on my to-do list.
So, that's it. Hope you had a Merry Christmas. Now on to cleaning and packing up the house. If you're bored, come on over and I'll put you to work!





2 comments:
wow, i'm not really sure what to say. i'm so sorry, steph. i want you to know that mindy and lucas and your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
i'm also sorry that all of these hard things are happening all at once.
just know that i'm thinking of you.... :)
Sorry Steph...that is so hard. Prayers and thoughts are with you guys! Hugs!
Post a Comment