Friday, December 2, 2011

Silly girls.

Remember when Carter used to be really funny?  I miss that.  He's growing up far too fast for my taste.  Luckily for me, the girls have been pretty funny lately too.  They have been so excited for Christmas.  We have a few countdowns going and they are loving our little elf on the shelf.  The other day Savanna asked how many YEARS  it would be until Christmas.  Do you remember how long it used to seem when you were little?  She really thinks it will be years before Christmas gets here.  I feel like it will be minutes.  Time is flying lately.  Only 8 or 9 weeks until this little baby comes.  Maybe less.  Craziness.  And then my Hal.  You all know what a case she is.  The girls were talking at lunch about what they were wishing for for Christmas when Halle turned to Savanna and said with sass, "I wish you would stop talking to me."  Then she kept eating her lunch without even looking at Manna.  I was dying.  They are so funny.

And a sad little story about Savanna.  She has strep throat.  I'm sure it is miserable, but I have never had it.  She has had a fever for about a week.  She sometimes says she's hot and wants a drink of water.  She'll sometimes tell me her head hurts.  She never once mentioned that her throat hurt her.  And as soon as I'd give her Tylenol she'd be off and running.  She didn't ever even really complain.  The night before I took her to the Dr. she came up to my room because she had a pretty high fever and wanted to lay by me.  I'm glad I let her. The kids usually don't (and I mean NEVER) get to sleep in our bed.  So can you imagine how I felt at the Dr. when he told me she had Strep?   I felt terrible.  But how do you know if a kid is sick if she never really complains about anything?  Really, she never mentioned once that her throat hurt.  I feel terrible.  She's been feeling better since the antibiotics got started.  I'm really sorry though if she infected your children.  It was totally unintentional.

Other happenings:
I've been reading the Hunger Games again.  I'm getting excited about the movie in March.  I don't love the third one as well as the other two, but I have been enjoying them.  Do you have any other good books for me?  I want to read a great book.

Nearly done Christmas shopping.  I have done 99% of it online this year (most of that Amazon), not only getting some AMAZING deals, but ensuring myself a package every day or two.  I love getting packages!  

I think that's about it.  Happy December!  It will be gone before you know it!

No comments: