Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Christmas Mood

We've been getting in the Christmas mood over at our house lately.  We have a few countdowns to Christmas that are a big hit.  The kids especially love their little chocolate advent calendars.  I have explained them better this year.  If you'll remember last year, Savanna had eaten 8 chocolates by day 2.  As of today, we are right on track.
We decided to do the Elf on the Shelf this year.  However, I am cheap.  I didn't want to pay $30 for him.  So, I headed on over to Hobby Lobby and picked up a cute little guy for $4 and just told the kids the story.  They are eating it up.  In fact, I caught Savanna talking to him the other day in her sweetest voice.  She was telling him that she was being really good this year.  She even took her bowl over after breakfast and she was sharing with Hal.  It was pretty cute.
I attended our R.S. Christmas program and dinner last night.  It was wonderful.  I love all the programs this time of year.  I even got to play the piano for the ladies to sing a few hymns.  I haven't played for quite some time and it was a delight.  I miss it.  I would love to play christmas duets if anybody wants to come over!

I just had to post a picture of cute little Hal.  Loves to color.  She's been coloring a lot.  I need some new winter ideas if you'd like to pass them on my way.


And Savanna's outfit.  Mike, bless his heart, let her get dressed all by herself.  Isn't she pretty?



2 comments:

Brooke Snow said...

I want to play Christmas Duets :) I need some serious Sleigh Ride action :)

Mindy said...

I will do duets with you ... I've been playing the top hand with Adam all year and I need a good round of the bottom hand ...
I love Savanna's outfit, but I hate that Halle looks 9 in those pictures.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!