As I have mentioned, I had the BEST weekend getaway. It was full of shopping, yummy food, good friends, and it was very spiritually uplifting. (Thanks again to everybody involved) I really wanted to go to the TOFW in St. George because for years I have loved, really loved, Brad Wilcox. I had heard him speak live before and I have a number of his talks on cd that I listen to over and over. Let me tell you, he did not disappoint. I am normally an emotional person--especially so when I am expecting--and I cried through his entire talk. Hilary Weeks was one of the musical performers there as well. I knew I loved her music, but she spoke to us as well and it made me like her even more. She spoke on positive thoughts. I have been studying this for at least a year or so. I really think there is something to it. But one of the most enlightening thing she said was that we only get to know our children AS KIDS for such a small time. We will know them as adults forever. I realized that I am no appreciating or enjoying their time as little kids enough. People have told me that before but not in this way and it really hit me. So I have really been trying to have fun with them and remember more little things. It can be so hard. They drive me nuts sometimes. But it is far more important for me to be a good teacher to them and to be a good mom. And today was a good day. It snowed and I really like snow. So we went for a walk in the snow. We shoveled the snow. I really love to shovel. We made a snowman and had a snowball fight. Then we had hot chocolate and made cookies. I even let Savanna crack the eggs. (I have been making her crack them in a separate bowl so I don't have to worry about shells.) Then I let the stay up and watch a movie and fall asleep in the bonus room together. They all told me that it was a fun day. It was a small success for me. I need more days like this. They are hard when I am tired and ornery though. Anyway, I hope you have a good day to.
3 comments:
Sounds fun! I almost was going to go to TOFW this year, but it ended up being on a busy weekend for me. It looked like it would be such a good one. Maybe next year.
What a sweet, sweet post. I have been thinking so much lately about "perspective" and I love the insight you shared in this post about our children. Thank you for that.
Your growing belly is darling and you look fabulous.
I would totally take a trip by myself too. I don't think there is one little thing wrong with that. I'm glad you had a good birthday. :)
I love the owl rice bags! Hallie is really into Harry Potter and owls right now. She would love it. I'll have to hop on over to your Pinterest page and find the pattern.
Oh sweetie! That snow looks awful! Come to Cali! It was 80 degrees today!
Post a Comment