You see, at the beginning of the summer I got a wonderful surprise. I found out that we're expecting a little baby. On Valentine's day. I had really given up. We had stopped trying. I was content, even happy, to have three great kids. Then came the great news....and the sick, sick, sickness. I have a dent in my couch because that is where I spent my summer. I could barely get anything done. Swimming lessons nearly did me in. Poor Mike had to take over everything. At one point, Carter even asked me if I was going to die. It was so hard to keep telling the kids I couldn't help them with things or play with them because I didn't feel good. It has been a rough summer to say the least.
And now, school is starting. This is when I am supposed to start feeling better. I am 15 weeks and a few days now and I usually start feeling better in the next week or two. But now I have another little problem. A few days ago I started having contractions. Like 4-6 an hour sometimes. This really freaked me out because this was the same time I had a miscarriage last time. The Dr. this morning didn't have much to offer me. I was hoping it was an infection or something but I am not infected. Darn. So all they had to suggest was that I drink a lot of water and rest as much as I can. No extra walking or doing anything I don't need to do. What do I NEED to do actually? I'm sure my kids will survive if our house is a little messy. It just drives me crazy. I guess I'm telling you all this so I can ask for your prayers. I guess at this point if I'm going to have another miscarriage there isn't anything I can do but pray. So please send all happy thoughts our way.
At least I have great excuses for a messy house, dirty laundry, mac and cheese for dinner, and being chubby. And that will have to be ok for now.
one last trip to the pool
hot dog roast and movie night with friends
Stories and lunch with great grandpa.
10 comments:
YAY!! I am so happy for you (and can totally sympathize!) Good Luck as you endure these next few weeks. (Prayers sent your way)
Please send your kids over any time! We will be praying for you and I would love to help you out whenever you need!
we will send lots of good luck vibes in your direction so you can start feeling better and to make sure that little one is doing okay!! let me know if I can do anything for you (decorating your house for fall will just be a bonus!!) ha ha...call me if you need anything ;o)
The sickness is almost over! You can do it!!
PS Cute pic with Grandpa ...
You will all survive! Hang in there!
Thinking of you and the little one often!
Prayers prayers prayers....
I will SO pray that you get to keep this baby. It breaks my heart to think of you going through that again. But don't you worry about a summer of laying on the couch... I did the same and the kids will survive. And they'll be too little to remember the summer the spent playing mostly at home. It could be worse!! Take it easy and don't beat yourself up!!
I am so excited for you, I know it will be ok this time! You will get past the sickness and be a happy pregnant girlie in the fall! Oh you will look so cute in all the jackets and fun fall clothes that you love so much! I wish I was there! I felt awful the whole time with Kyle and the boys survived, so will yours! Yea!
Oh, Stephanie. I am so thrilled for your pregnancy but so sorry you are going through a scary time with early contractions. I will pray for you and hope things settle down soon.
Post a Comment