I've got to be completely honest. I am getting sick of summer. We have done everything we had planned trip-wise, swimming lesson-wise, and otherwise. So we are stuck trying to find ways to not be bored daily. So here's what we do.
Fun Brooke calls because she's a way more fun mom than me and invites us to stuff like story time at the zoo. Keep in mind, it's more of a park than a zoo. The animals include things you would probably find in your back yard. There are turtles, ducks, raccoons and the like. Ok, there are monkeys and a few cooler things, but it isn't the free St. Louis Zoo by any stretch of the imagination (feeling jealous over Laura's last blog post). Anyhoo, the kids love it. So we went to story time there and I about lost my mind. After quietly reading 75 books, the lady brought out an owl. The kids really liked that.
(again, all pictures with my phone, I'm being camera lazy this summer!)
Next up, we decided to head down to visit grandma. Accidentally made a slight detour to shopping heaven.
We finally made to grandma's house. I had a nice weekend letting somebody else watch my kids while I watched soccer on tv. I miss not having tv for only one reason. ESPN. I totally love sportscenter. I don't know why. I just love the top 10 plays of the day. And I watched some women's world cup. And read a book in peace. I love grandma's house.
Great Uncle Brett took Carter on a hike. First one to correctly identify where gets a prize. (mindy and brett aren't eligible)
So there you have it. Anybody willing to share their brilliant ideas on surviving the rest of the summer with me? I need to enjoy it. I keep finding myself dreaming of pumpkins and hot chocolate. I do it ever year. I want to jump ahead when I should just enjoy the season. Help!

3 comments:
I love Savanna's pose.
Come visit us more, we love having you down here.
And, take me to Park City with you next time please.
This is why I love year round school :) I try to plan things every other day to keep it interesting, but not overdo it. On the off days, we read and hang out and take it easy-then I don't feel like a bad mom for taking a day off because I know we are doing something fun the next day :D I also have a list of our favorite things so that we remember to do them! Regal theaters (not sure if you have them) does $1 movies on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. We also do the pool, museums (we have a lot of choices around here), bowling, hiking/biking, the dollar movies (when the other ones are no good...) Also, Camden is going to get to plan a week of meals, and since he is 9, he gets a budget an actually is planning the list and everything! I'm sure it could be adapted for the little kids-giving them one day to plan or something, making grocery day a bit more entertaining :) I'm the one always calling and planning things around here :) You can always take a trip out to North Carolina-we'll keep you busy :D
I just have to comment on this. His hike is to the "G". We recently hiked to the "G" and when we got to the top my daughter said, "the G is made of garbage", I thought is was such a funny observation. :-)
Post a Comment