Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer School

For the kids!  My kids have been bored since the first day of vacation.  I have been trying to think of things to keep them (and me) from going crazy.  A few years ago I printed  THESE GOSPEL LESSON PLANS from Sugardoodle.net.  I don't think the kids were quite old enough until this year though.  They are week long lesson plans focusing on a gospel topic along with another topic.  For example:  This week we are learning about Abinadi and King Noah/Fire Safety.  There is an outline for each day including scriptures, songs, activities, and sometimes math, crafts, and treats.  The best part is that ALL the work is done for you.  It is great.  My kids ate it up this morning!  We were at it for about an hour and a half.  It doesn't have to take that long though if you don't want it to.  We just had so much fun making playdough and cookie-cutting shapes that had to do with fire safety that we kept at it for a while.  So, if you need a little structure, this is fun and educational.  If you live by me and want to join us, let me know!  I have 7 weeks scheduled into our summer plans.
SUGARDOODLE GOSPEL LESSON PLANS
And because I don't like blog posts without a picture, here are a few random pictures from the past week or so.
gr. grandpa g.
                             




hanging out at the mall...we're cool like that

 attempting to make lunch fun-i still dislike it
 matching stripes with aunt brit
fav flip-over game

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I love it. I will totally use these in the far away future ... plus, Luke wants me to homeschool our kids for a while, so maybe then they'll come in handy.
And cute pics. Brok is really excited for camping. And Chans too.

Tami said...

Ooh...Some of those lesson plans also dovetail very nicely into cub scout requirements :) Lucky for me, we are on year round school, so will only have 4 weeks of summer. Just long enough so that everyone gets a break, but not long enough to get bored!

Kourtney said...

I wish I lived there so we could join you! I am boring and just making them do workbooks for kindergarten and 2nd grade. I should incorporate gospel stuff cuz they love family home evening. You are so smart!

Ksenia said...

Great idea! My kids are too little, but I'll tuck this idea away for FHEs and future summer school. Thanks for sharing!