I figured something out. I am sure you all know this already. I don't know why I haven't figure it out before. My kids were sent to me. They are meant to be in my family. I know this. I know that it is my job to help them grow and learn and become who they are to become. What I didn't realize is this. They were picked to be mine to help ME learn and grow. Their little personalities were picked to teach me things. For example. Hal has been awfully whiny and needy lately. It has been bad. After a long day, I lost it with her. I yelled at her quite loudly and scared her half to death with threats of the scary spider room. And you know what? She didn't stop bawling. She cried louder. Imagine that. That is when I realized that she was sent to me this way to teach me about patience (and a hundred other things I need to work on). This little lesson happened to be about patience. So I bent down and asked her if she needed a hug. She totally changed her attitude on the spot. Maybe she doesn't want to be a whiner, but she has to until her poor mama will change. I'm working on it sweetie. I swear.
And to remember:
She always says oopsie-daisy when she spills or falls down-which is a lot!
She is great at being by herself.
She is always cheering on the kids. That's what she calls them. The kids. She gives Savanna a thumbs up every time she goes to the bathroom. She doesn't care that she's done it for years. She is generally cheery with the exception of the past little bit. And she says hot-drop for cough drop and hotmeal for oatmeal. It's funny when you hear it, I swear.

5 comments:
I'm going to remember that the next time my little sweetie starts whining! (Which won't be long now, I'm sure.)Oh Hal, what a babe!
This reminded me of a quote I heard from Sister Beck last year. I'm re-posting it here because I think it is so very true and applicable:
"Our children come to us as they are. Unique, wonderful spirits and it's our blessing [as mother's] to just unwrap the package. To see who they are and help guide them into who they can become."
I think of this whenever I find myself reacting in a way that I know isn't helping the situation out. It is my "blessing" to guide and teach them...and I count my little ones as some of the biggest blessings of my life. I need to treat them as such. :)
Happy Mothering today.
I need to remember this too. I have heard/thought of that before, that they were sent here for ME. I have to remind me of that daily with Easton, he's my trial a lot of times. Aren't we glad we know what we know, or I don't know if I'd have any kids ;)
Ha--seriously! Every day is a learning opportunity :P great post--see you soon!
First of all, I am just catching up on your blog and your hair is SO CUTE. I love it. And, can I just tell you how good it feels to know that I'm not the only one who loses it and screams at my kid sometimes like I'm the 3 year old. Thanks for the reminder that they are teaching me to be better. I wish we lived closer. :)
Post a Comment