Wednesday, May 4, 2011

To catch us up.

Last weekend was spent down in PG so I could go to Women's Conference at BYU with lots of FUN girls from my ward.  It was such a treat for me.  I am still on a spiritual high.
Really quickly:  My favorite thoughts.  Sister Beck talked a lot about our responsibilities as mom's and how that is OUR divine role and we can't delegate that out.  It is MY job to teach my kids.  Love her.
And Elder Bednar.  He talked about being a spiritual drip irrigation system.  It was a great analogy!  Everyday, consistent little things like prayer and scripture study are FAR better for us than one huge 'watering' every week or month.  Our root systems will do much better with consistency!  Doing small things will make all the difference.  Wow.  It was really so good.  
Thank you to my wonderful family for entertaining the kids.  They sure love you!
With Uncle Brett (formerly Uncle BREAD):


In other news, we had a day that warmed up to 50 degrees so we put on some short sleeves and headed to the park.  The kiddos are sure glad Spring is finally here.  Carter found a little friend from school at the park and they played tag with Savanna.  She kept telling them not to step on the CRAPS.  She meant cracks.  I was laughing.  Then the little boy fell down chasing her and got a grass stain on his pants.  He got mad and told her it was her fault and she felt bad and didn't know what he meant.  Surely she didn't do that to him.  Right?  She spent 3 minutes trying to get a grass stain on her clothes to see if she really was at fault.  She's a sweetie.


 I don't know if the kids would ever leave the park if I didn't make them.  Maybe I'll do an experiment sometime and see how long they play before asking to leave.  Five hours...six??
That's all for now.  Later.

4 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

I'm playing catch up too....we just got back from St. George and I am dying for a playdate...can we play soon....let's do our make-up/beauty day while the kids play...and when can we do another temple session, I had so much fun doing that!! Call me soon! sEe ya!

Kylene said...

I would LOVE to go to Women's Conference someday. I hear it is just fabulous. I'm glad you got to go and that you had such a good time.

lovely pic's.

Stacy B said...

Glad you had a good time. Megan can't get enough of the park right now either! We'll be coming up a few days before Emerson's blessing so we'll have to hit the park then.

Kari said...

I've always wanted to go to that - I'm glad you had a good time.