Monday, May 9, 2011

She's a keeper!

Here are a few of my favorites from an impromptu 4 year old photo shoot with Savanna.  It lasted approximately 15 minutes.  She was quite put out that the kids got to watch Beauty and the Beast without her.  And then at the end:  She won 2nd place in a coloring contest at a local pizza joint.  Her prize was a medium 2 topping pizza and a frisbee.  She couldn't have been happier.  





One final thought for all the young mothers that may need a pick-me-up today.  
"I especially wish to praise and encourage young mothers.  The work of a mother is hard, too often unheralded work...Do the best you can through these years, but whatever else you do, cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones."  ~Elder Holland
This has been on my mind quite a bit lately.  What a great responsibility we have.  I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day.  My family sure made me feel special.  

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I love the pizza frisbee. Great pictures, she looks so grown up ....
Also, thanks for waking the kids up last night :)

Kari said...

Adorable! Definitely a 15 min success!

Brooke Snow said...

lovely photos :) #4 is my favorite. STunning. truly. you're fabulous!

Melissa said...

Congrats to Mike! great pics of Savanna--loved Elder Hollands quote.xoxox

Stacy B said...

What a cutie!!

ali monson said...

I LOVE your pictures. Way to go. And thanks for sharing that quote.