Thursday, March 3, 2011

New hair for Hal

Halle's hair was getting pretty long and more curly in the back than the front.   I was getting tired of it and decided to give her a little trim.  I really have no idea how to cut hair.  I did this with surgical scissors.  But it turned out pretty cute if you ask me, and Halle couldn't care less about her hair at this point.  Here are the before and afters.  



For me to remember:
Today has been a good day.  We went to the store and the kids were so happy.  I wish I had my camera all the time.  I would have taken a picture of Hal jumping over each crack in the sidewalk and Savanna splashing in puddles.  They were so good and polite in the store, thanking the lady for the samples.  I was beaming, I'm sure.  Then on the way home, there were HUGE fluffy snowflakes, my favorite kind.  I guess I'm just in a good mood.
Hal has been hilarious lately.  She is quite a loquacious little thing.  Her doctor had to check her chart at her last visit because he thought she was three and not two.  (proud mom!) She speaks so well.  Her latest funny word is actually.  I think it's just because she has older siblings.  She says her "r's" way better than Savanna though.  It makes me laugh.  She is almost potty trained. She poops every time and will pee when I remember to take her OR she wants a sucker.  Every time she goes she says, "tell the kids".  They always cheer for her.  She told a lady at church that her name was Halbert.  She also says, "Oh, I just love it so much!"  One last thing.  She loves her little pair of leggings.  She always puts them on over other things.  This morning I gave her a skirt to wear with them.  She looked down at her outfit and told me she wanted to go to the temple.  I think my heart grew 2 sizes.  I know it can be annoying to read about stuff like this.  Sorry! I just want to remember these little things. Keep in mind, she can be a little terror too.  Today was just a good day.  Hope you have a good day too!

10 comments:

Mindy said...

I can't believe how long her hair was!! Great job on the cut, it's very cute.
And your good day almost made me cry. Great job.

MinDee said...

wow! another thing you're good at :) it looks super cute!

Melissa Hernandez said...

I love her hair, so darling on her! I think it's great you document all the cute things...and sometimes documenting the really great days, helps us see past our bad days as a mom!! In 30 years, your kids will love reading how proud you were of them!

Kylene said...

I love it! I can't believed you braved that on your own! Nice work. I love the "flippies" (as my girls would call them.) Beautiful little girl.

Kassey said...

her hair looks great. heck I would let ou cut my hair!!!

Kourtney said...

Her hair is super cute, you did a great job! She is so cute, I think she looks just like you, beautiful!

JaMilLyN said...

Great job! What a cutie!

dmidgley said...

Hi Stephanie!

Your children are so adorable!!
The girls look just like you and Carter is a "little Mike" with red hair (o:
I was at Dan and Laura's blog and decided to check yours...we missed seeing you last time you were in town! Take care.
You have a great blog!

Jennifer Daniels said...

I loved the temple comment so much-my heart grew two sizes just reading all those cute things Halbert does. I might call her that from now on. jk Kids are just the funnest people to hang around!

Rachel said...

Love the haircut!! Super cute. And oh.my.goodness what a personality. I need to see this girl.