Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year's Resolution

First, this.  
'Twas The Month After Christmas 
Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house,  Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.

The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste, 
At the holiday parties, had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales, there arose such a number! 
When I walked to the store, (less a walk than a lumber).

I'd remember the marvelous, meals I'd prepared; 
The gravies and sauces, and beef nicely rared,

The soda and the candy, the bread and the cheese,
 And the way I'd never said, "No, thank you, please."

As I dressed myself, in my husband's old shirt, 
And prepared once again, to do battle with dirt,

I said to myself, as I only can 
"You can spend a winter disguised as a man!"

So-away with the last, of the sour cream dip, 
Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.

Every last bit of food, that I like must be banished 
Till all the additional, ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie, not even a lick. 
I'll want only to chew, on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits,, or corn bread, or pie, 
I'll munch on a carrot, and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome,and life is a bore- 
But isn't that what, January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot. 
Happy New Year to all, and to all a good diet!

Now, I wish I could say that I wrote that, but I didn't. I don't even know who to give the credit to. 
It is me today.  And I know this is a little bit cliche, but my  goal for the new year is to get in SHAPE.  It is going to be my goal all year. I am going to do it.  I nearly  put my current weight on here to give me some serious accountability, then I woke up and realized that is CRAZY! So, I will just say that my goal is to lose 15 lbs and leave it at that.  I will let you know when I get there.  (gained the 15 pounds with my pregnancy and it is not going away)  Wish me luck!!  And good luck with all of your resolutions!

                                     

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe in you babe!!!

Melissa said...

People ask what I got for xmas and I tell them bangs (i cut them too short :) and 5 pounds---game on!!

JaMilLyN said...

I wish I only had 15 pounds to lose. I'm sure you look awesome and you probably don't need to lose any weight. :)

Laura & Eliza said...

I LOVE this! I'm stealing it and putting it on my blog! Lets lose 15 lbs together and I will lose my other 10lbs in secret! HAHA! We can do this...right? HAHAHAHA!

Kim and Dustin Mayhew said...

ME too! When I told Dustin he said "for the 8th year in a row?" He's right, I say it every year but this year is different, I"M SERIOUS!!! I'll help you, and you help me. We can do this. Loved the poem. Looks like you had a good Christmas too. We need to get together sometime still, especially since I never see you at work anymore.

Alldredge Memories said...

Ok I am stealing the poem too! It will be the hit of the RS blog I'm in charge of! You inspire me! I'm getting a treadmill! Happy New Year!

Melissa Hernandez said...

Oh man, swimming next week?

MinDee said...

way to go! and good luck to you! you'll do it, you do anything you put your mind to. i LOVE the poem!

Rachel said...

Best of luck to you, I'm sure you can do it!

The McCulloughs said...

Good luck! You can do it! I still have about 10 pounds of this dang baby weight to lose and I will be munching on those carrots right along with you! I gotta lose it and I laughed and could totally relate to that poem. Happy New YEar and someone once told me that no food tastes as good as being skinny feels! I try to remind myself of that when I am craving cookies and rolls!