Spooky Pancakes
Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 TBSP melted butter
- 5 TBSP canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- few drops of orange gel food coloring
*TIPS: 1. I used the powdered buttermilk, this way I always have some on hand – if you use the powdered – replace buttermilk with 1-1/4 cup water in the wet ingredients, and add 5 TBSP of buttermilk mix to the dry ingredients 2. My skillet makes 4 pancakes at a time, I heat my oven to about 180° and place cooked pancakes on a plate and place in oven while I cook the next batch, remove plate to add another batch to plate and place back in warm oven until all pancakes are cooked. 3. These freeze well too!
To turn your pumpkin pancakes into SPOOKY pancakes......you'll want to make Black Cinnamon Syrup. The cinnamon is a nice compliment to pumpkin pancakes........*BUT, I have a suggestion.......if you make the pumpkin pancakes and serve with thissyrup, you could cut down or even leave out the cinnamon in the pancakes.
Black Cinnamon Syrup (recipe from Not Martha)
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup water
- black food coloring gel
In a saucepan combine sugars, flour and cinnamon. Add vanilla and water. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously. As it heats squirt in a little of the black food coloring and mix in, add more until it's as dark as can be (it doesn't take much). Allow to boil for a few moments until the mixture has noticeably thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool enough to put into a squirt bottle (of the ketchup style). You can make it the night before and warm it by dipping the squeeze bottle in a bowl of warm water. Let each person decorate their own pancake!
There's nothing SCARY about making these pancakes!
(can be found at tidymom.net)



4 comments:
yum! i am making these for halloween breakfast this year. i always do somthing fun for breakfast on halloween, and i'll try this for this year. thanks! they sound good too! i love fall!!
These look so yummy. I'm absolutely NOT an ambitious or creative mommy (not bashing myself, just being honest), so we'll see if I do anything like this. But it is a FABULOUS idea! Very cute.
Sometimes I hate reading your blog because you make me feel like such a bad mom, but at the same time, I LOVE reading your blog because you give me inspiration and you have the cutest ideas. Thanks, I will be trying this one on Halloween.
yum, I totally want to make these, I LOVE anything pumpkin-y!!! So cute, thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment