Thursday, September 2, 2010

Off to school!

Today was Carter's very first day of school.  He was so excited to go.  I am excited for him and a little sad for me.  I will miss him.  Doesn't he look handsome?


I decided on three traditions.
1. Back to school FHE and Father's blessings--Savanna insisted on one as well
2. Special Breakfast--french toast this morning
3. First day of school picture--I decided to have him write his grade in his own handwriting so I would remember how old he was and also so we could see how his handwriting improved.

Happy New School Year!!

10 comments:

Kari said...

SO handsome. And I have to tell you to check my blog because I posted Madi's first day, too! I know - a miracle!

Kylene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kylene said...

I have never seen your #3 tradition and think it is so cute! You have a mighty handsome Kindergartner.

MinDee said...

great idea about the sign, i love that! i can't believe he's old enough to be in kidergarten! after you get used to him being in school, you'll love it. they learn so much and it gives you a little break too.

Weight Family said...

So cute! You are such a cute mom!

Alldredge Memories said...

So grown up! I am just finishing up the last "Dance" book. I have been bawling for days! It's so sad! We miss you too!

Melissa said...

Love the foot tipped up--cute ideas. It's fun to get a picture w their teacher too--

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janea said...

I did the same thing! He is so cute. I wish we could make a date and do something fun. You're not THAT far from me. :)

Jenny said...

He is so cute...What the heck...how is he in KINDERGARTEN!!