Lately I've been feeling old. We went to visit my mom this weekend in PG. Carter was anxious to get some belated birthday gifts and I really wanted to see Mindy and Lucas's new house and new car. The presents were great. He is still wearing around his head lamp and we have marble game pieces strewn about all over the room. I got to go to Target twice in one day so you know I was happy. Whilst out shopping, my sister and I ran into an old friend from school. (actually my 7th grade boyfriend if I'm being totally honest. Don't worry, we never talked to each other once while 'going out'. Love 7th grade) Anyhoo, I digress. We only talked for a minute, but he pointed out that he still felt like a college-aged kid even though that was 7 years ago. It is so true. Last week at church a returned missionary spoke and I swear he looked 13. I feel like missionaries should still be my age when in reality my youngest brother is serving a mission. Weird. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?? WHEN DID I GET OLD? Sorry if you are older than me. I am not saying you are old. This is just how I feel.
Carter graduated from preschool last week. That in itself isn't a big deal, but I can just imagine the next few years will fly and soon he will be graduation from high school. So, this is going to be a reminder for me to enjoy the kids even though some times they drive me nuts. Much sooner than later they will be gone and I don't want to miss anything.
Carter is way better at the Wii than I am.
My little graduate. He did his part so well.







11 comments:
So, who'd ya run into? I gotta know. Too bad we couldn't meet up this weekend... maybe next time. I feel old too by the way.
There are missionaries in our ward right now and they are pushing age 12, I swear! Wish us luck with Kindergarten right???!!!
I feel the same way about missionaries, when did we get older than them!? I love the pics of Carter, he is getting so big. Not to get your hopes up, but you need to maybe plan a trip to St. George the week of June 8th, cuz I think I will be there! I guess you are coming here not to long after, but still!
i completely understand. i feel the exact same way. very depressing. your blogs are supposed to get me going & upbeat...come on!! ;) my 30 yr old b-day was very depressing, it was hard for me. i guess, i really am an adult.
I just have to say ditto. I planned our ten year reunion last summer and I just kept thinking "Is this really happening?" We are moms now, not kids, not students... we are in R.S. instead of Young Womens... I always thought those ladies were SO old! And, yes, before we know it we will be sending out graduation and wedding announcements for our babies!! Tick, tick, tick, tick...
I feel the same way and hate it! Very cute pictures! Seth would love to play too. Maybe you, me, & Jen should do a park day or something...
I agree! Seeing the priests and Laurels drive to church, I'm like, when did they let 12 year olds start driving? So crazy...and it seems to happen overnight! Oh well, I guess we can all enjoy being old, now we can say, back in my day...before cell phones... ;)
I love that picture of Halle. She looks like she'll never tell the secret of how she gets her arm out. I can't believe Carter's going to be in kindergarten!
Talk about time going by soooo fast....Brayden is almost done with 5th grade. What the heck i am going to have a 6th grader!!! WOW!!!
Talk about time going by soooo fast....Brayden is almost done with 5th grade. What the heck i am going to have a 6th grader!!! WOW!!!
If you're old I'm old. I hate it too! Cute pics! Voted for you in the contest. I hope you win so you can share all you lean with me! :P
Post a Comment