Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Some healthy eating

My monthly goal to focus on nutrition is going well. There are a few ideas I have had while trying to think of ways to shift my nutritional paradigm.
1. When I was 14 my dad made a bet with me. He told me he would pay me if I didn't eat candy for a year. I did it. Turns out it wasn't that hard. So he extended the bet until I was 20. I didn't even cheat. I am going to do it again. Anybody willing to pay me anything?? Ha.

2. Also. Bountiful Baskets. This is really cool. You should see if they do it in your area. You pay $15 a week and you get a basket full of fresh fruits and veggies. They are different each time. You get quite a bit, too. I am signed up but I haven't done it yet. Apparently you have to be on the website and sign up pretty quickly each week. It is an interesting concept.

3. Lastly, a recipe. My kids have been requesting this and eating seconds. That is unprecedented. And it isn't even anything special. We all just love it. It doesn't have a name yet. Any suggestions?
thin wheat spaghetti
bacon
fresh broccoli
mushrooms
butter
Boil pasta until al dente; drain. While pasta is cooking, slice up bacon; sauté until done in large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Microwave broccoli, covered; drain. Add broccoli and sliced mushrooms to pan and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring often. Slice 1/2 stick of butter into pan and continue to stir until melted. Mix in cooked pasta and chopped basil. Serve with lemon wedges and warm French bread.

Since it nearly kills me to do a post without a picture, this is what I want to look like again. Not a great picture, but I was thin and tan. This is my half marathon with Leslie. Those were the good old days.

7 comments:

Kaycee said...

I have tried to get on Bountiful Baskets here for weeks. I have never gotten in, in time:( Sounds pretty cool. Can't wait until they get another location here so more of us can participate!

Kari said...

I want that body!!!

Bec said...

Very fun ideas. Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

Thin AND tan--that would be nice!! :)

Mindy said...

Wow, you were tan ... I want that too. I mostly want to play tennis every day. I wished I lived by you.

Jenny said...

Kens sister started getting that basket last Saturday. It does sell out fast though in SG. She ended up doing the one in Laverkin instesd of Tuacahn (sp?). Sounds like a good idea though, she got a lot of good stuff :)

Mindy said...

Lorien says you can. We'll move up there and be your workout/lay out buddies.