Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Tuesday post

Part 1:
Tuesdays are Mike's long day. That just means that I take regular little computer breaks during the day to save my sanity. During this little session, I played around with Photoshop a bit. Here are the results, plus some moments I don't want to forget.
Hal: She grunts any time I pick her up from her high chair, car-seat, and crib. I wondered what noise she was making until I realized that I was making the same noise. In my defense, she is now 21 lbs.

Savanna: She is going through the multisyllabic word shortening phase. I love it. Strawberry is Strawb. Jammies are jams. Movies are moves. TV is teev. She can't get through a sentence without doing it. She is funny. She sings 'I am a child of God, with parents KIND OF DEAR' instead of 'KIND AND DEAR'. I hope she doesn't mean it.

Carter: The other day I forgot to give him a drink with his lunch. He said to me, "Don't give up. You're not a bad mom."

They can turn a bad day into a good one.
Part 2: (part of my "Make your spouse feel appreciated" goal.)
I didn't realize that Valentine's day was this weekend. If you're a slacker like me and need a few more ideas for your kids or spouse, here are a few fun sites to check out.
SUGARDOODLE'S VALENTINE PAGE
CUTE FRIEND VALENTINE
VALENTINE PRINTABLES
VALENTINE'S DAY FOOD IDEAS
There is a good start for you! Have a great Tuesday!

6 comments:

Brooke Snow said...

I'm going through the same phase as Savannah! Words are more fun when you can playfully shorten them up! Cute cute kids!

Alldredge Memories said...

O.k. What action did you play with this time. Love Savannah pic'!

Kari said...

21 pounds! I'm sad I won't see you guys either - I would have been there in a heartbeat!

Bec said...

I love that you documented these things. And I have several comments:

1. Savanna looks a ton like you. Both so beautiful.

2. The grunting just like mommy is so funny.

3. "Don't give up. You're not a bad mom." :) Classic. Kids are wonderful that way, aren't they? :) My lil' James will see me break out in tears (meltdowns have been pretty common this pregnancy) and say, "Momma, don't worry 'bout it. We will help you." lol. Sad that they have to console their parents, but still very, very sweet.

Great post- and great pics! Your kids are darling. And it's true. You're not a bad mom. :)

Oh- PS. I'm being induced Saturday (tomorrow). If you're not in, I will miss you.

Melissa Hernandez said...

don't give up mom, I wish my kids said that to me more often, february sucks the life out of me...i totally have spring fever!!! i love the pictures and stories, kids are a hoot!

Rachel said...

Super cute pictures, even cuter personalities on these kids! Lovin' it. You'll have to share what actions, etc, you've been playing with. I'm finally getting to a point where I can try stuff out ;)