
We went to Hobby Lobby (or Yobby Yobby if you are Savanna) this morning while my mom and sister were here. All of their fall stuff was out and it got me a bit excited for the upcoming season. It is my favorite. And since it was FREEZING cold this morning I was wearing jeans, long sleeves, and a jacket. That really got me in the mood for fall. Now I don't want to wish away summer, and I know it will be in the 90s again next week, but can I just tell you how excited I am for FALL?? We haven't have a proper fall for years because we have been living in a warm climate. So if you are in the mood for some fall activities, crafts, food, or whatever then please give me a call or send me you favorite ideas.
And in case you'd like to get in the fall mood a little more you can try my most favorite pumpkin cookie recipe. If you're not quite ready then save it for a few months. It is more than worth it!
Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups shortening
2 cups white sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt 4 cups all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons butter
8 tablespoons milk
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup packed brown sugar
DIRECTIONS:
1. Cream shortening, white sugar and pumpkin. Add eggs and mix well. Sift together the baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt and flour. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
2. Drop from spoon to cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. To Make Frosting: Cook butter, milk, and brown sugar until dissolved. Cool and add confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Spread over warm cookies.
So sorry for my impatience! Back to enjoying summer for a few more weeks.

Ok, ok. Sorry. I couldn't resist!
5 comments:
I am SO super excited for fall. We went up the mountain today and it was definitely Fall weather (or "hunting weather" according to my husband!). I am going to try your pumpkin cookies... I love ANYTHING pumpkin! And Fall colors are my fave, too!! Nice post!! :)
So funny! Of all the things I remember about you, it's that you LOVE Fall! And, it definetly felt like it on Saturday so....all is forgiven. :) You can wish Fall to come, but can you also make it linger so we only have snow during December? Deal?
Hey no fair! We are still roasting down here in the sunny south! I want to wear jeans and sweaters too!
I'm so excited for fall too! I'm jealous that you're in a cooler climate! I'll have to try the recipe for the pumpkin cookies, they sound delic... and your photography skills are pretty good for a beginner! I'm impressed!
What do you mean we don't have a proper fall?! I think it's lovely here :) Let me know if you don't have enough ways to make pumpkin things, I have some fun recipes . . . although you are the pumpkin queen, so I'll probably have to check out your ideas!
Post a Comment