Tuesday, August 11, 2009

CTR- a faith promoting story



Carter has been asking me for a CTR ring for a few days now. I decided it would be a good idea so we headed off to the Distribution Center. Savanna ended up with one too. They carried them around all day taking them on and off and eventually both of them got lost overnight. Savanna located hers easily, but Carter's was nowhere to be found. We looked and looked. He said, "Mom, I guess I won't be able to choose the right anymore because my ring is lost." I giggled. So, we decided to say a prayer to help us find his ring. We knelt down and Carter said the sweetest little prayer about his ring. We stood up to look some more and he had been kneeling on it for his prayer. I said we should say a thank you prayer and he told me he didn't need to because HE found it without any help. We had a little teaching moment and said another prayer of thanks. Now didn't that put a little smile on your face? Increase your testimony of prayer? Have a good day and don't forget to choose the right.

Photobucket
p.s. I have just recently begun playing around with photo editing. If you have any good tips, could you please pass them on to me? Anything at all, I am totally a beginner!

12 comments:

Mindy said...

What a dream, that kid is hilarious.

Kourtney said...

So cute! We had a moment like that when we said a specific prayer with Gabe. I'm glad they actually learn from them! I'm so ready for fall too! One good thing about being back in St. Louis is the fall, I'm really excited for it!

Kari said...

so sweet! what a spiritual little kid! :)

Melissa said...

oh sweet carter!

Becky Knowles said...

That is so cute. I love how he didn't think he needed to say thank you because he did it all by himself. What an awesome kid!

Melissa Hernandez said...

he is too cute! what a fun mommy moment!

Shanna said...

I can totally picture Carter telling you he found it on his own, how funny.

Alldredge Memories said...

O.k. I'm loving the ring picture of Savanah. You should have that one blown up and framed in her room too!

Thanks for all your help with the camera! I'm still practicing!

Kylene said...

Very, very cute. Way to be a good mom and take that moment to teach!

Are you using photoshop CS3? I'm not a pro by any means but am happy to share what I know. What kind of looks are you interested in getting? Do you use actions much?

Kim said...

Cute story. I bet you're glad you blog so it can be saved. As for the photos, you are doing great! I am the one who needs help, especially with navigating photoshop. Wish you were here to help with that. I need to take a class I guess.

Rachel said...

Love the stories, love the photos! I think I'll tell the story during FHE--my kids always love real-life applications, and all the better when it's someone they know!

Weight Family said...

Super cute! Love the pics!