Thursday, August 20, 2009

Realizations-part 2


1. I am not as organized as I think I am. I wish this was my closet, but it isn't. Part of my self-identity is that I am clean. I once thought I was organized, but since having children, that has all gone out the window. My once clean house is so hard to clean. Does anybody else mop the floor after every meal? I practically have to, especially with Halle crawling everywhere and eating whatever we drop. I like to think I am pretty good at organizing, but things just don't stay where I put them anymore. So, part of the realization process for me here is that I am going to be more clean and organized even if I stay up late at night to do it. I love the feeling of a clean, good smelling house. But I don't want to be like the FLY LADY. She is crazy. I signed up for her emails and the first day got 26 so I unsubscribed right then. ANYWAY, I do love her clean sink idea. So here is what I do once a week or whenever your sink needs it. Fill sink to rim with HOT water and 1 cup clorox bleach. * I like the lavender scented kind. Let it sit for 1 hour. Drain sink and scrub with Comet or baking soda. Rinse well and shine with windex.
Does anybody out there have any good organizing or cleaning tips? Pass them on to me!!
2. This goes with number 1. I don't like things to be cluttered and so I don't like having my bottle of dish soap out. My genius idea was to fill my little sink soap dispenser with dish soap instead of hand soap. My sponges always leaked or got gross, so there you go.
3. We are having family pictures taken in a few weeks so I got the kids and Mike cute little coordinating outfits. But I don't know what I should wear. I have begun to realize that I am not fashionable at all. I feel like I have just hopped off the fashion bandwagon. Have you seen Jerry Seinfeld talk about this? I feel like I used to try to wear what was fashionable and cute. I don't know when it stopped though. In high school my sister and I had a calendar that we wrote our outfits on every day so we wouldn't wear the same thing. I wore a different outfit every day my senior year. I have 4 years of calendars. This is me. I still dress how I did in high school. Is it that I don't live with girls anymore and don't borrow clothes from my friends? I try to ask Mike if my outfit looks ok and he gets a glazed look in his eye and just says yes. So what happened to me? Maybe I am home more and sweats are just more comfortable. I try to like things that are in style, but no matter how hard I try, I can't pull off skinny jeans. What do i do? Where should I shop? Who is willing to come with me and be my personal stylist and tell me what to buy and what looks good on me? I don't know if I'm cool or warm or what. And I need a picture outfit.
And I don't want it to make me look fat. Anybody? Please help!!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Weight Family said...

LOL, you are so awesome! And every time I see you you look great and fashionable and your house is clean. You should try shopping at Mango, Forever 21, and H & M. Those are the store I hope to shop at someday (when I can fit into their sizes... bummer. So sad). Can't wait to see your pictures.

ali monson said...

Oh my, you're hilarious. I am TOTALLY with you on the clothes thing. I think my problem is that I've stopped trying. Funny thing is, I watch those makeover shows all the time. You'd think I would pick up some tips! If you find someone to help, give them my name too. Thanks for the cleaning ideas ...

Melissa Hernandez said...

u make me giggle, I found some cute mommy clothes at Down East Home. I feel like I am in that stage where I can't buy from teen stores anymore, so I LOVE this store for mommies. And, they have super cute clothes!

Anonymous said...

I totally remember trading clothes in high school. Remember our prom dresses? We had fun together. I had to laugh about thinking your mom was old at our age. If you are worried about Carter thinking you are old, can you imagine what my kids will think? Jonny and I realized that when our kids are in high school, we will be in our late 50s. Oh, well, right? Talk to you soon!

Unknown said...

Girl you crack me up!!!!
Miss you tons!!
love ya
leslie

bladenfamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clark Family said...

I don't know what it is about that 3rd kid, but after I had Link I felt completely out of touch with everything cool. You have always had good style though so I am sure you are fine. And as far as orgaization goes...well...there is just no way with kids, I say hide it and forget it :)

Melissa said...

funny_I signed up for the fly lady years ago too and then unsubscribed the next day--I use Clorox clean up spray--just spray it around then rinse after a couple of minutes--looks great! No windex here--seriously? I'd love to be your fashion consultant--what colors/themes are you doing? Love Jerry Seinfeld--and I think the organizing thing is easier if it's not your stuff- :)

Natalee and Randy said...

You are so funny! I'm trying to do the same thing... find outfits for family pictures. Where'd ya find your kids' stuff? I have NO advice for style- I really struggle with this too.... sorry. My sisters are really stylin', so maybe I'll check with them and let you know what I find out.
And I'm more than happy to send you the digital kits I used on my blog! The only problem is, I'm not sure how to do it. Can ya' give me some instruction please? :)

Kaycee said...

Does anyone really pull off skinny jeans?!?!

Alldredge Memories said...

Thanks again with all the help with the movie maker stuff. I just got back and I'm ready to try fun new things with photo-shop. I'll be calling you! P.S. You are too fashionable!