Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Realizations--part 1

The following are a few things that just hit me, even though I have probably known them deep down for a long time.
1. I have to make lunch every day for the rest of my life with very few exceptions. Ugh. I don't know why, but lunch is hard for me. I tend to be lazy about it I guess. Can you send me your favorite ideas for lunch? I need to mix it up a bit. I have seen this idea around. Maybe I will give it a shot.
2. I have three children. I am their mother. To top that off, I have been married for over 8 years. When did this happen?? I remember when my mom was my age. She seemed so old to me then. Do I seem like that to Carter? I feel like I just graduated. High school or college. Either one just seems like last year. I am responsible for these children. Am I reading them enough books or feeding them enough fruits and veggies? Even if I type it again it seems a little surreal. I HAVE 3 KIDS! But aren't they fun?



3. I LOVE them more than I ever imagined. I can't help it.
They are mine forever and I am one lucky girl.
Photobucket
Stay tuned for part two of my thrilling realizations. I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat...

14 comments:

Kaycee said...

The other day I was watching Full House episodes and Jesse was turning 27. I started laughing outloud! I'm older than Jesse... UNCLE JESSE?!?! Oh dear. I also think sometime with my three kids "Their mom isn't coming to get them when I'm done tending. I'M the Mom!" :o

Kaycee said...

Oh and a lunch idea... let the kids put whatever they want in a tortilla... lettuce, meat, olives, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, cut up boiled eggs, strawberries or other fruits... anything or everything you can think of! My kids love it!

Mindy said...

You're a really good mom. Sorry that I'm not on the reproducing ball and that Savanna and Halle will most likely be babysitting my kids like Tracie and Shelly did with us ....

Shanna said...

I agree, when did we get as old as our parents once were?!?! Crazy.

Alldredge Memories said...

I HATE making lunch too! Probably because I am not a big lunch eater (I like breakfast and dinner and that about does it for me) so I dread it every day too. I like your idea though---maybe they'll eat it if they can choose. Derrick always likes to choose. Nice pictures by the way. My "blurry background" ones are not turning out that good. Love the temple in the back. You're a great mom and if you ever need proof, just show them the picutres! :D

Becky Knowles said...

It really is a weird feeling that this is "my life". It's an eye opening day when you realize that you can't keep saying- when I am married... when he has a real job... or when we have kids.... etc because you are ALREADY THERE! I do LOVE your lunch idea by the way. I will have to try it.

Melissa Hernandez said...

i can totally feel your pain with "when my mom was our age, she was ancient to me" realization....I wonder too when Isabella tells me to stop singing and dancing if I look old and dorky doing it.....ugggghhh....

Melissa said...

Had to laugh--realizing big things can be overwhelming--we are not old.

Kourtney said...

They are pretty cute kids and dang lucky to have a Mom like you! I agree that lunch is the hardest, Gabe has taken a peanut butter sandwich to school everyday so far, poor kid.

Kari said...

When DID this happen? Soon Carter will be going on a mission! Lunches BITE... we've been having corn dogs, ramen, and sandwiches... whoop whoop!

MinDee said...

I feel exactly the same way!! you just typed it down for me. Crazy, huh?! (by the way, you're so funny, & $5 was way too much;)

Tami said...

Ditto Ditto Ditto! My poor kid goes to school with a PB&J, fruit, pretzels, drink and dessert/treat EVERY DAY! And when he is at school, I forget to eat lunch almost every day! You crack me up about the old thing, because I remember my mom at my ages (She had me when she was 20, so at 30, I was 10!) And yeah, she seemed so old, and wise, and put together...I'm not sure if my perception was wrong, or I haven't grown up yet, or I am older and just don't know it :D

Weight Family said...

Great post! PLEASE share your great lunch ideas. Maybe you could make a post of that. Wink, wink.
I think all mom's go through lunch ruts!

ali monson said...

Those temple pictures are awesome. Way to go! And I love that muffin tin lunch idea.