Sunday, July 19, 2009

Our Constant Battle


Savanna's hair. She hates having it done but I love to do it. I think it is because my mom used to do my hair all the time. It was always braided or in a 'side pony tail with a twist' or other things we used to ask her to do. Every Saturday night we would sit and watch Golden Girls or the Lawrence Welk show while my mom put curlers in so it would be pretty for church. Savanna would rather die. But since I'm the mom, it gets done most days. Here was this morning's.
There are a ton of cute hair blogs out there if you have girls and need cute ideas. I have a few listed on my sidebar.

Ready for church.
When did Carter get so big? All of the sudden he's a little man. He's been funny lately as usual. And so I don't forget, here are his latest:

*Take it easy, momma babe!
*What do you suppose... (I think this came from the Little Mermaid)
*He says 'shall' all the time. "Shall we, mom?"
*I really appreshoeate (appreciate) you mom.
*I spy...a HUMAN! (we play I spy when we go on walks)
*Mom, did you know that apricots turn into popcorn?
*Mom, I'm reading my Book of Worman
*Bom Gia! Mom, I'm speaking Portuguese!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

Okay palease, you are making me look so bad!!! Not once did I see Savanna's hair a wreck this week, it was perfect...um did you not see Isa and the tangled mess pulled back with a headband on our walks.....that's as much as she will let me do with her hair!!!

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh before i read what you wrote about the pictures i thought to myself "Carter looks like a little man" he is getting soooo big! What a cutie!!!! :)

Alldredge Memories said...

He is getting big! So funny the things they say. Cute hair do---girls are so much fun!

Kaycee said...

My mom was also very into getting the hair done- every single day! I had many, many Saturday nights in sponge curlers to look perfect for church on Sunday. Funny thing is, my daughter hates me to do her hair and so we just brush it and headband it most days. You are SUCH a better (and sounds like more patient) mom that I am!!

Rachel said...

Such cute hair, she's getting really big enough for some fun 'dos, eh? I understand the struggle. Some of the things that help us get through the hairdos:
-Katie gets to watch a 20-min "show" during hair time
-when she was littler, she could do her babies' hair, using real hair stuff while I did hers
-we look through hair blogs and she gets to pick her 'do (occasionally)
-we use detangling spray and lots of conditioner to make it less painful to brush through (I also put her hair in a loose braid at night after baths to keep it from getting crazy knotted)
HTH!

Carter does seem like a little man. It's weird how they suddenly change. Katie just hit that time, too. I remember when it happened with Isaiah, and it makes me sad that I only have one "little" one now.