Tuesday, July 21, 2009

On My Mind...

I've had a few things on my mind lately and I'm in the mood to share.
Item of Business 1:
I love summertime. I love the sound of sprinklers as I sit and type, the sound of kids playing night games, picking peas in the garden at Grandpa's house, family reunions, and hot days with cool breezes at night. This evening we went outside to the garden to pick raspberries and water the other stuff. Savanna (already bathed) decided to help me water and got all muddy. It was great. I love laying on the tramp on summer nights. Too many things to write, just wanted you to know.


Item of business 2: Can I just tell you how nice it is to live by our family? This is a first for us. I think we ate at Mike's parent's house every day for the first week we were here. My cousin Jen had us over for dinner, my grandpa and grandma have already given us a bunch of stuff from their garden, and my other grandma woke up early one morning and came over to weed my garden. My aunt Ranae watched the kids so we could go on a date (p.s. New restaurant Elements is yummy and Harry Potter was very funny!) It has been great.

Item of business 3: I don't know why, but I can't stop thinking about Gilmore Girls lately. I wish it was all real. I wish I could live in Stars Hollow, Connecticut and that it was an actual town. I wish I could have gone to Yale. Unless you've seen the show, you don't know where I'm coming from. Seasons 1-4 are my favorite but they are all good. I love that they decorate their entire town for holidays and weird town celebrations. And I especially love when it is fall on the show. It gets me excited for fall here. I think the show is funny and I love that the girls are smart and say big words. I also like the music. I think about it multiple times a day. Weird, I know. I guess that's all.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

My favorite sounds in the summer is sprinklers and crickets, I don't mind Eva sleeping in our room because her playpen has a crickets setting, I LOVE it!! And, yeah for family, I don't know if I could ever live where I didn't have family nearby!!!

Kylene said...

You make me smile. My sister likes Gilmore Girls but I've never seen it before. I should download an episode or two and give it a try. :)

Yay for summer and all the fun it brings!

The Caldwells said...

i too wish i could live in stars hollow. love gilmore girls!

Gina said...

You know I'm right there with you on the Gilmore Girls! I'm about to finish season seven for the 2nd time, and then where will I be? I wish were part of the family you live by!

Kassey said...

I love love Gilmore girls. James and I just finished all the seasons and are starting them over! I wish that it didn't have to end. I always think about them. Funny how a show can make you do that!!

MinDee said...

I am so excited for you to be able to live by family. It is the greatest! I will be jealous of your fall seasons.

Alldredge Memories said...

O.k.---now I know we should be twins. I have all the seasons to Gillmore Girls! How come I didn't know you liked them before? Love them! P.S. Just finished "Captain of her Heart" I am in love!!! Did you know there was a 4th book to that series? Mom mom said she got it from the library and it's as good as the others! Yippeee! More to read! :D Miss Ya!

Melissa said...

:) It sounds like I need to get start watching Gillmore girls--Amy is ALWAYS talking about it--You make summer sound so much better than it really is down here!

Kim said...

I love Summer! But, it has been very hot here and Fall sounds great too. I actually love them all except winter. I would like winter for only 1 week, the week of Christmas. Can't wait to see Harry Potter. Miss you at work. Things are changing there and they may not be pretty.

Rachel said...

It's so great that you're getting settled and happy in your new digs. Missing you tons!

Kaycee said...

I still can't get over the ending of Gilmore Girls. I was a die-hard for sure! I HATED the ending though. Who writes an ending to a series that leaves the fans sad?! Anyway, if you lived in Stars Hollow I'd stay at the Dragon Fly Inn and come visit you! :)