Thursday, May 14, 2009

popsicle season

It's popsicle season. We like this time of year at our house. Whenever Carter asks for a popsicle he automatically takes off his shirt. I guess I've trained him well. But we found another neat trick we'd like to pass along if you like popsicles at your house. Just cut a small slit in some cardstock and slide it on the bottom of your stick. This catches all the drips that make little fingers sticky. We've demonstrated in the pictures. Now you just have to worry about messy faces!




Our other popsicle trick is for otterpops. I just slip a sock over the popsicle so their hands don't get too cold when they're holding it.

Does anybody else have any good tips they'd like to share? I'm always looking for ways to make life a little easier.

8 comments:

Alldredge Memories said...

Cute pictures! I love the tips too! You're a genius!

Melissa Hernandez said...

you smartie pants, I gonna have to steal your ideas (this weekend is suppose to be in the 80's, so I might have to whip out the popscicles!!)

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

Sorry no other ideas but thanks for your ideas!! Those are GREAT ones!! Your kiddos are so cute!!

Kim said...

I love popsicle season!:)

Kari said...

Awesome! Carter looks so much like a little Mike!

Shanna said...

Aren't you so smart!

Kylene said...

Cute pic's! I love popsicle season too. I cut a little slit in the bottom of a small paper cup and put the stick down in it. Another great way to catch all those drips. :)

I will have to try the sock idea. I always just wrap a paper towel around it. :)

Thanks for the tips.

Weight Family said...

hey, thanks for the tips... I will definitely take advantage! I need to live closer to you!