Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Kidney Stones...


...the bane of my existence. Since I was 16 years old I have been getting kidney stones. They really, really hurt. I have had around 30 and they have all passed on their own. I get them more frequently when I am pregnant. I had 12 with Savanna. For the past week and a half I have been trying to pass one. Some days it really hurts and some days it isn't so bad. If it doesn't pass soon I might have to get lithotripsy. That is when they blast it into smaller pieces. I really don't want to do that, so please pray for me that my stone will pass on it's own. I'm dying here!

In other happenings of the day, Savanna poured out 3/4 of our gallon of milk all over the floor at breakfast and Carter told me he learned how to do a piroueppe (pirouette) and started spinning around. Where did he learn that word??

10 comments:

Weight Family said...

Oh Steph! I am so sorry about your stones, that stinks! i love the pirouette and feel sorry about the milk. Hunter threw a gallon down the stairs once, that was fun...

Weight Family said...

PS- I LOVE that you send an email saying when you updated... VERY helpful!

Alldredge Memories said...

Sounds aweful---and I thought cramps were bad. You deserve "Spoon Me" every night for putting up with that---tell Mike to take you. It must have been spill the milk week---Derrick did the exact same thing yesterday---I had to count to 10 to keep my cool!

Gina said...

You poor girl! You are one tough cookie. I doubt I could handle ONE, let alone while I was PREGNANT! We'll be praying for you.

Kari said...

good luck with the stones! i can't imagine how bad it hurts! madi learned 'pirouette' from the 'see me run' cd you gave me - i'm sure that's what it is from. :)

Melissa Hernandez said...

UUUggghhh, I am so sorry. I will say a little prayer for you, it's so hard being in pain and trying to function as a mom all at the same time!!!!!

Kylene said...

Oh man! I hear those are miserable. I'm so sorry you're feeling so terrible. I hope it passes soon.

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

Im sorry you have a kidney stone, I had 2 right before Jess was born and they hurt!! Im sorry girl!Hope you feel better soon!

Shanna said...

I'm sorry! I am coming down to St. George on Friday. I can come hold your hand if your need something so squeeze when it really hurts.

Melissa said...

any luck yet? Thanks for being so willing to help me out this morning--