Sunday, March 15, 2009

10 K


I ran a race on Saturday with my friend MinDee and her friend (my new friend) Libby. It was MinDee's first race and she did AWESOME! She ran the entire time. It was pleasant weather and the course was beautiful. We ran through Snow Canyon. We decided since we both recently had kids that we needed a goal to give us some motivation to exercise. And then we got matching iPods for Christmas. So cute and pink!

I also think you should know about this if you like to run. It is the Nike plus iPod kit. It is a little sensor that you put in your shoe (or under your laces) and hook to your iPod that keeps track of your distance, pace, calories, and time. Then it keeps track of it all and records your personal bests. You can set goals or use their training programs. It is so much fun! You don't have to worry about mapping courses. It keeps track of everything. I love it! A nice lady comes into my headphones and tells me how far I've gone and my time, etc. There is even a power song you can set so when you're getting tired you just hit a button and your favorite 'pump you up' song comes on to keep you going. I have wanted one of these since they came out a few years ago but I don't love NIKE running shoes. So when my friend Kylene blogged about hers and she didn't have Nike shoes I knew I needed it! (Thanks Ky!) So, check it out. You can get it at Target. Happy running!

p.s. Shanna, wishing you were here!

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Way to go! When's the next one--I'm thinking I might need a race to look forward to since bball is over.

Weight Family said...

Good job, I hope to run a 5K by September after the baby... a 10K is a bit much for me... you are awesome!
And thanks so much for the nice comments on my blog. I wasn't fishing for compliments but the things you had to say were very nice and seriously made my day. I think sometimes we need to hear nice things.
Also, Jay and I are thinking about coming down to St. George for conference. Will you be there? We should plan on getting together. Jay wants to stay in a condo, but I am trying to talk him out of that cause of the $ and we could have tons more fun with an extra couple hundred $s. Let me know. I would LOVE to spend time with you guys!

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

Way to go!! :)

Melissa said...

you go!!!! I cannot run, I hope someday I never need to outrun anyone, because I am a total loss when it comes to speed!!!!

Mindy said...

Not bad ... find another one and I'll come run it with you ... I'm thinking of doing a 5K with some of the girls at work ...

Mandie said...

Tomorrow works for us! You pick the time and place! ;) Let me know.

Kim said...

Great Job! I thought about you that day:) Keep on running!

Jenny said...

That is awesome! We are hoping to do our 1st 10K in July--I am impressed that you did it so soon after having Halle. It takes me awhile to get back into things. Good work :)

Shanna said...

Okay, so I just sent you an email asking about the race, if I would have only looked further! Good job and I was wishing I was there too, THANKS!

Kassey said...

that is probably the coolest thing I have ever heard of!! I totally want it now! Good job on the race. This week I was able to run outside, the air was good and the sun was out it was great, but as CV would have it, it is snowing today!! St. George sounds better and better every snow fall!!

Kelie said...

Way to go! That is so awesome! really wish I could run! ha ha!

Rachel said...

Way to go, Steph! You've inspired me to try to jog during my walks . . . someday I'll go more than a couple of blocks! ;)

MinDee said...

I had so much fun! Keep training for the 5k in June-midnight run baby! Denny's after (we'll totally burn the calories) I've been recruiting for this race and have gotten quite a response..they (S.G. city) ought to hire me as their representative and pay me or at least let me run for free! By the way NATE IS EMPLOYED starting this Monday. Yeah!!

Unknown said...

I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!! I wish I could run with my running buddy :o(
did you run the whole 10 k ?? I am sure you did. congrats!!! I do hope you think of me running on the right side of you when you do these things LOL

love you, miss you!!!
leslie