Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I {SWORE} I'd Never......

I swore I'd never let my kids have messy hair or faces...some days it is just not feasible no matter how hard I try...


I swore I'd never buy 'character' things for my kids but that was before I saw Carter's face light up when I brought him home this $3 Transformer shirt from Wal-mart.

And I swore I'd never--EVER--drive a minivan. And this is our new car. I guess a lot of things change when you have kids. While I still don't love the look of a minivan, the practicality far outweighs any concern I might have with looking cool. They are just so family friendly we finally succumbed. This is the picture they show people like me when they are trying to convince us they aren't that bad. Funny.

So make fun if you will, but just wait until your kid gets so excited about something that he sleeps with it every night or you put your kid in the car 5000 times until you decide that you want the door to open automatically.

11 comments:

Mindy said...

wait, I thought you weren't getting it until next year. I'm so confused ....

Tami said...

dito, ditto, ditto-
Camden has a similar shirt, on boys, messy hair looks cool anyways, and got the same van last year- so I hear ya sistah!
What can I say, when practicality wins over everything else, I guess we have truly become mothers :D

Alldredge Memories said...

O.k. I totally had that same $3 shirt in my hand for Dallin...I didn't buy it though, you're a better mom for getting it :P I couldn't see him wearing it to school and I know he'd beg me to. We've had our auto-matic door opening minivan for a year now and I love it! Who cares what people say, they can get in...and out by themselves...worth every penny! Welcome to the mini-van club. It's a new low...LOL!

Mandie said...

I think that post was directed at me..seeing as though..My son has the transformer shirts (that light up), lightning shoes (that also light up) and pretty much always has a messy face! ;) And I too swore that I would never do those things either...but there is just so many times that I can wipe his face in one day..and tell him no to clothes that would make his whole day! As for the minivan..I haven't suckered into that one yet!! haha :) Call me! Lets get together!

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

I hear ya about the minivan.. its one of those things that are a MUST when you have your 3rd baby! :) At least you got a honda... You are going to LOVE having the auto doors!!! Love the shirt.. I dont have to buy them Character shirts, Grandma does it for me! HAHAH take care

Emily T. said...

If ya have to get a van, Honda is the way to go. I think they're pretty stylin. Carter looks so old in that first picture. He looks like Adam and Brett I think.

Kim said...

Love the shirt. Just wait till you buy him those character shoes (ha, ha). Love the van....and you will too once it wears on you:)

Kira said...

Um, unfortunately I am debating the minivan too. I never thought it would happen. But I really want my doors to open for me and my poor kiddos have nailed their heads on the doors who knows how many times... let me know how it goes.

Melissa said...

All I can say to that is...AMEN! I haven't bought the mini van yet, but I would die for a mini van over my crappy little Mazda anyday!!!!

Melissa said...

are you kidding? it's the coolest ride around--SWEET!! i'd be more worried over Carter riding that princess bike than his transformers shirt--hehe :)

Shanna said...

Did you sell your Pilot? Don't worry, mini vans are awesome! I would pick to drive one on a road trip any day.