Monday, February 23, 2009

Halle is 4 Months


I can't believe my little baby is nearly 4 months old. Time goes so fast. I was talking with a few of my friends about what it was like to have 3 kids. Truthfully, it isn't as bad as a lot of people had said. If this is the hardest one, then I'm not too worried. Luckily, she's been a good baby. She is very smiling and on those bad days, she makes me happy. I have to admit though, I was a little worried about my capacity to love her. I had to try so hard to get the others here, they sort of came built-in with love. And with Savanna, she was a different gender so I thought I would love her differently anyway. But with Halle being a surprise and a girl, I didn't know what to expect. I love her!! Just as much. I don't know how it works, but we were perfectly designed to love them all. We can't imagine our life without our little Hal. Or Halligator. Savanna can't pronounce her l's very well so she calls her Ha-yee. (like valley) Mike says it's her spanish name. She already likes to hike with us and go on walks. She fits right in. She's our girl and we love her to pieces!

That being said,it's always nice to get some time away, right? Husband of the Year Mike gave me the day off so I could go on a girl's trip to Vegas with my friend Melissa. We hit all the good stores, ate yummy food (P.F. Chang's lettuce wraps are my favorite), and got to take a break from the kids. Sometimes that is just so refreshing. Thanks Mikey! You're the very best!

9 comments:

Alldredge Memories said...

She's a doll! I love that hair!

Gina and Glade said...

I miss you guys! Halle is looking so big! Tell the kiddies hi for me.

Kelie said...

She is getting so big! And I love all of her hair!

Kim said...

You go girl! What a nice hubby. I love the lettuce wraps too, and I call my hubby "Mikey" also:)

Haslem Family said...

I want a trip to Vegas! Actually, I would even be happy with Lettuce Wraps! I wish you guys weren't so far away and I could make a trip with my kids! We miss you!

Melissa said...

She's growing up too fast!!! It's terrible we can't make them stop!! I am glad you got some R&R time with your friend, sounds like heaven!

Weight Family said...

Can't tell you how happy your post made me. I have been so concerned about having the third, and loving the third the same as the others... and the whole different gender thing. It's like you just wonder how you are going to love a child that is the "same" as another. THANKS for that!
AND hope you lived it up in Vegas... rocker style!

Melissa said...

Las Vegas was a nice break--thanks for doing all that marathon shopping with me :) Can't wait for the next time!

Jas & Cam Fam said...

Sooo jealous! Um, Jas and I both noticed that you keep heading up NOrth and we haven't seen you?! What's up with that?