
Some fun things are going on around our house. Halle is almost 3 months so she is moving into 3-6 month clothes and Savanna is almost 2 and is moving into 2T clothes. As I am a confessed shopaholic, this is one of my favorite things! I really get a high when I shop. Whenever I am having a bad day, Mike steers me into the kid's rooms and has me look at their clothes. He has me organize them and get the new size ready and it lifts my mood every time. I realize this is a sickness. Anyway, you're probably wondering why I entitled the post Emergency Preparedness. Here is my theory. Tell me what you think. They tell us to have a year's supply, right? Well I think it should include clothes. So, I buy the kids clothes a year early. For example: Last weekend there was a huge sale at Old Navy on their winter stuff. So I bought the kids clothes for next winter. They were so cheap! ($1-$2 per item!) Not only are we prepared, I am happy because I get to shop and even happier because I get a good deal. Right now there are some incredibly cute things at Target, the Gap, and Children's Place. So I encourage everyone to get their year's supply! Have fun!
6 comments:
I LOVE Old Navy Clearance!!! Camden has tons of Old Navy stuff because I would do this every year...but then I got some hand-me-downs and I actually have 26 (yes TWENTY SIX) pairs of 3T pants...so I'm prepared for like triplets, right??? I also loved the 75% Target this year-got toys for birthdays, birthday parties and Christmas next year. Oh, we had so much fun shopping in St. Louis...sounds like we would still make great shopping buddies! Unfortunately, your kids will soon start to have an opinion in what they wear...it gets a little harder to shop ahead!
LOL! I just stocked up yesterday!
That's some preparedness I can get into!!
I think it's a great idea, I always try to find the good clearance deals too. I don't know if I am as good as you with a year in advance, but it's a wise idea. I will have to go to childrens place.com and do some shopping!!!
I love getting good deals too. And, I loved your post "for you." It was good for me to read. I'm seriously considering a trip down south. I'll let you know. It sounds so awesome to be able to play outside in the warmth!
I have your sickness - BAD!!!
Post a Comment