
For FhE this week we went to visit a few of the elderly people in our ward who can't leave their homes. We have been trying to think of ways to teach Carter what Christmas is really all about. We had a wonderful experience. The people had so much to share and just wanted to visit with somebody. So we challenged Carter to think of other things we could to to make Jesus happy.
So as we were doing a little organizing and cleaning, Carter got the idea to take the things we didn't need any more to the old people. It was cute... like they would want our junk.
As I got thinking of what I could do to remember the real meaning of Christmas, this email came to mind. I thought it was funny. What better gift could I give?
.jpg)
(these are the guys that play Satan)
So I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and remember what it's all about as you stand in an extremely long line at Wal-mart!
4 comments:
Cute. I like your background.
Is that Michael Balam? What a fun idea to do with your kids. I feel like I need to do more things like that to put myself more in the true meaning of Christmas!!
I've been struggling with that too - I have been so excited for Madi to be older and older and really get anxious for Christmas - and now all she wants are the presents... the true meaning must come out!
Good old Darrel Yeager on the left. Every time I go to the Temple I just have to laugh because I know him. Well I knew him and he always had MC hammer pants on, he taught dance. But that is a good idea for the kids.
Post a Comment