Thursday, September 11, 2008

a tragic tale.

A few of you have been asking and commenting on my haircut. You're making me feel a lot better about it than I did initially. You see, I went to a place I'd never been before but that had a really good reputation. As soon as I met my lady I had a bad feeling. She was Russian and I don't have anything against Russians, but I couldn't understand a word she said! I asked her to cut about 5 inches off. My hair has been growing very fast due to the baby and all the vitamins so I needed a really good trim. She just starts chopping and I end up with this haircut, about 10 inches of hair sadly crumpled on the floor.

I guess something got lost in the translation. Plus, it was crooked, wouldn't curl right, and the layers were funny. And she used cold water to wash my hair! That is my favorite part! I tried in vain for 2 weeks to learn how to fix it but it was useless! So, I talked Mike into letting me get yet another hair cut. I think I scared this new girl so badly that she would cut a millimeter of and then show me. I think I was there for a hour and a half. She had to cut 3 more inches off so now we're up to over a foot of hair gone. I'm going through withdraws. I am still using way to much shampoo. But, I like it a lot better now and it is growing on me...hehehe. Anyway, thank you all for your kind comments and words of reassurance.

9 comments:

Jonny and Amber said...

Your hair looks great! I understand your pain. I hate going to new people. When Jonny and I first got married my hair was past my shoulders. I loved it. Then I went in for a trim and she ended up cutting it uneven with these really short sides. It was a mess. I ended up cutting it to a bob. I cried. I completely understand. Don't worry, you have wonderful hair. It couldn't look bad if you tried! You're beautiful.

Melissa said...

I'll have to give you the name and number to Neisje--she's awesome. You'll love her!! Any luck with the beads?

Natalee and Randy said...

Steph-
Yay! You cut your hair. I think it looks ADORABLE!! I LOVE it! Welcome to the short hair club! You look too cute for being pregnant. Not fair. I was a frumpy lady when I was prego. BTW-- how are you? Call me sometime. :)

Natalee and Randy said...

I didn't scroll down far enough to see your prego pictures. It's TRUE... you are TOO cute! The pregnant pictures look awesome. :)

Melissa said...

Don't stress, it's totally cute, and it probably doesn't take as much time (BONUS!!) I really like it!!!

Mandie said...

Hey! So what is this? You move away and I never hear from you again? I love your hair! It looks dang cute on you- And I love your Pregnancy pix! You look great! Just incase you forgot my # its 632-2207! :)

Emily T. said...

I like the haircut too. You look great. I always feel so nasty when I'm pregnant and I wish I could cut myself some slack because it's such a miracle to have a baby inside. So you look awesome, and try to enjoy her little kicks and squirms. She'll be here before you know it. Carter and Savanna look so grown up in the picture.

Haslem Family said...

You can totally pull of short hair - I on the other hand... you know Jo, and her one beauty....

cursillo142 said...

Man, You guys move away for 3 or 4 years & you are going have to get a bus to haul all of you around.The kids are cute just like there mommy,Sorry Mikey!We miss all of you.Our Phone number is still the same,217-414-3368.Call us sometime.


Tony & Dana