*disclaimer* Complaining below. Read at your own risk!
What is up with me? This is what keeps running through my mind. I just feel off lately. Maybe it is because I am fat. Now, now, now...don't you say pregnant because they are very different things. I am currently both. And it isn't doing my self esteem any favors. My doctor says it is just what my body does naturally. I know I'm clumsy, but do you really need all this padding for one tiny baby? I don't fall down that much... She doesn't even way 2 pounds yet! Seriously, I've been eating good with just a few treats (ok, Carter and I have eaten a bag of nibs since monday, but that's one of the better treats as far as candy goes, right?) and even exercising (which I could and WILL do more of). It's as if somebody just pushed me slightly off course and I'm trying to find my way on this new trail that isn't the right one. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be somebody else for a day just to see if I'm normal. What does the average mom like me do in a day? Saw this quote. "My greatest fear is that i don't actually have PMS but that it's just my personality." Now just substitute pregnancy hormones. I have no patience with my kids but don't know what to do about it. So I need some help. When you are home with your children, what do you do? We watch 1.5-2 hours of tv a day which I already feel guilty about. Then I'm stuck. We seem to have the attention span of about 15 minutes. Then what do you do??? We all go crazy if we don't leave the house. But we shouldn't need to go somewhere every day...
I realize that this isn't your problem, it is only mine. I am in a funk, but I am going to do something about it. How's that for some honesty? So, I'm off to find a way to unhitch my self-esteem from my weight, work out, take a nap (always helps, right?), and eat a healthy low calorie snack. Carrot sticks, anyone?
6 comments:
What the heck, there is something wrong with me then because thats how I feel right now and I'm not even pregnant!!!!!! aaaaahhhhhh
when you come up with something please fill me in on it!!
Leslie
Only 2 hours of tv, you are a saint then. Breaking Dawn comes out tonight, so I suggest some reading thearpy. By the way, post pregnancy funk coming on strong here...will we ever be normal agian?!?!
Okay, I feel so much better, you must go over and ready my new post, and then you will feel better too!!! Carrots or Nibs, hello....nibs!
Steph, please do not feel bad about yourself. You are awesome and totally normal.!. You are just having a case of the "funks". It has nothing to do with how good of a mom you are. I would seriously suggest a little prayer. But, if you really want some advice, this is what we do. After we get everyone dressed for the morning, we go on a walk, then come back and have a snack, then we do an activity like painting/coloring, make some kind of craft, or play a game where Holden gets to use his imagination. Then if the rest of the day goes by and we do nothing productive then at least I feel like Holden was stimulated a little. Hope that helps.
I have to agree with another commenter that I feel this way right now and I'm NOT pregnant either! (though for me I swear it takes me awhile to feel normal after having the baby too...ugh! I'm to 8 months post-baby now, so am doing much better!) :) I probably tend to chalk it up to hormones too often and should probably take more responsibility, but it is hard sometimes to feel right about your day and how you are feeling, especially when you spend a lot of time at home. I have had these exact worries. The funny thing is--I read your blog and think you have it ALL TOGETHER and seriously think you are probably the cutest mom, so you are probably much harder on yourself than you should be :) Oh, and I love that quote!--Chris and I actually saw it embroidered on a pillow once at a furniture store. A few months later I opened it as a gift for Christmas! I don't think our families quite caught the humor of it and wondered if Chris was being a jerk...LOL...but I thought it was hilarious 'cause that is how I often feel. The pillow sits on our bed and it's a funny reminder to me to try and stress less and enjoy life. Anyways, I'll stop rambling. Good luck and know that you are definitely not the only mom who feels this way! :) Thanks for sharing, as always. It helps me to know I'm not the only one either :)
I definitely feel fat all the time - I have no help there. But, we always have to get OUT, too! I visits friends a LOT!
Post a Comment