Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Silver Lining



So if you've talked to me lately, you may have noticed that it is taking me a while to adjust to being pregnant. You see, it was quite a shock for me. I love being organized, and this was not in my plan. I had been able to schedule them thus far because I couldn't get pregnant without the meds. So this is really throwing me off. It is getting better now that I'm not sick all day long and I've been feeling the baby move. I know that I get a baby in the end and it will all be worth it, but here are the things making it worth it right now. 1. Naps. My kids both nap 2-3 hours at the same time every afternoon and I have been guiltlessly joining them. 2. Smoothies. These are often the only thing that sounds remotely edible so I am enjoying them frequently. 3. Cute baby projects. My friend Rachel is due the same time I am and we have been getting crafty since we're starting to feel a tiny bit better. Our two projects thus far are pictured on my handsome model above. We have made a baby sling and a hooter hider. I had a hooter hider with Savanna that I loved but, tragically, it was lost at playgroup one day and never recovered. So instead of buying a new one ($36) I decided I could make one for cheaper. The slings are $60-$100 in the cute magazines too, so we are saving a bundle. It was fun and easy. I am sure there are more things I am enjoying, but right now they are slipping my mind because I want to puke.
p.s. The pictures are fitting because Carter tells me he has a baby in his tummy too. Then he points to his chest and says he's going to feed it with these. And when I ask if he wants a baby sister or brother, he says he doesn't want those. He just wants a baby.

11 comments:

sstevens said...

Ok, wow! So cute. And crafty. I'll have to get with you sometime about that sling. By the way have you looked into modeling for Carter. He has the makings of a Gap male model if you ask me. Also, Hooter hiders rock!

Janea said...

Wow, you guys are crafty. Those are cute. I like the idea of Hooter Hiders..didn't know about them. Oh well.

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

Thats awesome!~ I wish i was that crafty! I hope you start feeling better soon. I know what you mean about the surprise pregnancy. It throws everything off. Hey where is park day this week? I went on Wed but i guess it was at a different park..Oops. Take care

Haslem Family said...

Way to go! Cute fabric! Hang in there... :)

Jonathan Coffey said...

OMG I didnt even know you had a kid let alone 2, and you're having another...Congrats! Wow its been forever! Congrats again, they are so cute!!

Kira said...

I love it! I am so excited for you to find out what the baby is! Are you blogging your Tuesday Trivia call?! I think you should! Love ya!

Becky Knowles said...

You probably don't even know who I am, but I know I've met you before. I'm Mike's cousin and I check out your blog all the time. Your kids are adorable and your pregnancy sounds just like my last one. Smoothies kept me alive for 3 months!!! Good luck.

Kylene said...

Look at YOU Martha Stewart!! Those are adorable. I'm glad you're feeling better. I seriously have to gear myself to get pregnant. Those first few months are so crappy!

ps. I did a 10 miler on Saturday and thought of you. :)

Kassey said...

Okay I love that you made your own. You are going to have to let me know how you did so I can make me one. (I am not expecting just thinking of the future!)

Rachel said...

Carter is the best model!! Did I tell you about the sling I made for Katie because she wanted one for "her" baby, too? They are too cute.

The McCulloughs said...

Look at you Mrs. Talented! I have a sewing machine and I absolutely hate to sew. I love the hooter hider and wish I had had one when I was nursing Maddie. Maybe I will call you next time when I have a baby and hire you to make me one! YOur turned out so cute!