Monday, April 7, 2008

A dilemma of sorts...


Aren't they cute? I don't know what I'd do without them. I don't know what to do with them either! I made my friend Melissa's recipe for sticky buns this weekend. I'd been wanting to try it since I'd seen it on Good Things Utah. Anyway, Carter was a great help. He kept asking when he could eat a STICKY BUM. He keeps me entertained at the very least. Here is my dilemma though. Savanna has been a little angel her entire life. She doesn't cry unless absolutely necessary. She is usually smiling. But, she's starting to show a little attitude when it comes to her nap time. She won't lay down. She just sits there--until she falls asleep sitting up or leaning forward. She just gets back up whenever I go in to lay her down. We're going on 4 days now. The first time it was really funny but I'm starting to worry. It can't be comfortable, right? So if you have any suggestions for me then please pass them along! I'm at a loss! Until next time...go enjoy a sticky bum.

p.s. How about Elder Ballard's talk?! If you didn't get a chance to hear it then please read it right now. It will make you feel so good about being a mom!

8 comments:

Janea said...

That is pretty cute. I don't know what to tell you though. At least she is sleeping right?

Mandie said...

She is so cute! and so funny! Max keeps asking when he can play with Carter- so we need to get together soon!

Kourtney said...

They are too cute!!! I can't believe she does that, she is normally so great. Maybe give her a big stuffed animal to lay/lean on? Or maybe she is ready for a pillow. I don't know. Can you please stick around for a weekend so we can come out there and play?!!

Melissa said...

I love Sticky Bums too, in fact I ate more than my fair share. I still feel my gut poochin out. It's time to head back to the gym!! Isabella went through that stage with her afternoon naps for about a week or two, and I just consistently made sure I kept going in and putting her down, and not let her out, and eventually she went back to her old self. I read something once (I don't know how true everything you read is) but it said at this age, around 1, they get so excited to try all the new things they are learning like crawling and standing, that they have a hard time sleeping because they want to be up trying these new things, and after a couple weeks they get over it, and go back to their schedules. I don't know how much and I was like "Hmm...maybe it is true?" Hope that helps a little?

Haslem Family said...

Steph, I'm glad you mentioned the talk. I LOVED it! And I'm glad Savanna was wearing that green shirt in your post - I almost ordered the orange one for her for her birthday. :) Don't worry, I'm sure I can shop some more... it's what i do best... :)

Michelle and Caleb said...

Hey cute Stephanie! Your family is so cute and Carter looks just like Adam. I got your blog from Kira. You know that we live in the ward. I guess I can't move to far. Next time you come up you better call me. I want to see your cute kids and you.

Kelie said...

hope you don't mind me checking out your blog and adding it to mine. I had a great time with you, rachel and ashlie last thursday. i'm also remembering your "pregnancy must haves" and i'm loving that fleurville bag, it's on my list to buy!
kelie
thestancliftfamily.blogspot.com

Kylene said...

That picture is so cute. Maybe her flexability is indication of her future in gymnastics??!

Loved Elder Ballard's talk. It made me feel awesome. I was in my parents room watching it while Rod was in the kitchen listening to it on the radio. I kept yelling out to him, "Are you listening to this! Did you hear that?!:)

It's great to be a mom huh!