Thursday, April 3, 2008

"MOM! That sharked me!

First of all, I am so excited for General Conference. I love conference weekends. I love to hear all the wonderful talks. It seems like there is always one just for me. Anyway, as I was looking for some things for Carter (and I'll be honest--me) to do during conference I came across this quote on www.sugardoodle.net
"A general conference of the Church is a declaration to all the world that Jesus is the Christ, that He and His Father, the God and Father of us all, appeared to the boy prophet Joseph Smith in fulfillment of that ancient promise that the resurrected Jesus of Nazareth would again restore His Church on earth and again 'come in like manner as [those Judean Saints had] seen him [ascend] into heaven' (Acts 1:11). This conference and every other conference like it is a declaration that He condescended to come to earth in poverty and humility, to face sorrow and rejection, disappointment and death in order that we might be saved from those very fates as our eternity unfolds, that 'with his stripes we are healed' (Isaiah 53:5). This conference proclaims to every nation, kindred, tongue, and people the loving Messianic promise that 'his mercy endureth for ever' (see Psalm 136:1)." -Jeffrey R. Holland, "Prophets in the Land Again," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 106.
Isn't that great? So, I hope you have a wonderful weekend. In my own personal opinion, snacks and some fun pens are the way to go!
Secondly, we were at the park this afternoon and Carter got shocked on the slide. He looked at me and shouted, "Mom, that sharked me!" Kids are great!

3 comments:

Kylene said...

I'm so excited for conference too! We're headed down to Smithfield to spend time with my fam. I can't wait. Thanks for the great quote. Also, lovely little remark about the slide. You need to write that one down. :)

Happy late 30th birthday to Mike!

mark and ali said...

He says the funniest things. What a cutie! We're pretty excited for conference around here, too. Have a great weekend.

Kira said...

Love the quote, I also love conference. Your boy is a cutie. I love the things they say!