Monday, January 14, 2008

Let the tennis begin!!


Because I am one of the few people in the world who watches tennis for fun, I'm sure most of you don't know that the Australian Open started this week. It is the first tennis grand slam of the year. I love it! I would love to go one day...Anyway, if you decide to check it out, might I recommend Andy Roddick, James Blake, Roger Federer, Daniela Hantuchova, or Maria Sharapova. When we lived in St. Louis, we got to see Roddick play. We were 5 rows back! It was amazing! He can serve 155mph. Anyway, those guys are my favs. As a little side note, I played tennis in college for the University of Missouri-St. Louis. It was so, so fun. We traveled all over the mid-west for matches and tournaments. Here are a few pictures. They aren't stellar because we took them with our video camera, but you get the idea. If you ever want to play, call me! I'm always game!


6 comments:

Weight Family said...

That is awesome. yeap, I had no idea it was a big tennis time. Have fun with that... it is the NFL playoffs too, so i am happy!

Alec and Emily said...

I love it too! I did not know that it started this week though:). Have fun watching it, I hope to catch a few matches too.

The McCulloughs said...

You go girl (aka. Anna Kornakova) you are awesome! Cam played tennis in college and one day I want to take lessons and learn- so will let you know when I am up to your level (probably never!!) Cam's fam and mine all love to watch tennis. I have noooo clue how the scoring goes- 14- love, match, game, set.. whatever, I really have no clue!!

Kassey said...

I also love tennis!! It is my favorite to watch on TV. I got to see Aggassi play right before he retired it was awsome. Sometime when it is warm and you are up at the in-laws call me and we can play. I didn't play in college but I did play in high school...so maybe we should play double with out hubbys!! I love watching Blake, I DVR all the games!!! Happy watching!

Kassey said...

Tag you're it. Check my blog!!!

Kylene said...

Awesome action shots! You go!!