Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014-I can do this.


 My favorite jammies.  I loved these when carter used to wear them.
 Sweet Savanna was student of the month.  She's the coolest.
 Asher was taught how to do the silverware.
 I sort of felt guilty taking just the little 2 out to lunch until I realized I used to take the older 2 out all the time before we had the younger 2.  Hal asked where her nuggets were.  I pointed them out.  She was baffled because they looked like chicken.  They were grilled.  She's funny.
Decorating the tree one morning before church.  The kids couldn't wait.  They are great kids.  

So, it's 2014.  I looked back through my blog this year and I'm sort of disappointed in myself.  I hadn't put a lot on here.  And we had a great year.  I tried to console myself by looking at my Instagram account which is nearly up to 500 pictures.  I put more on there.  But until I find a way of printing that out that meets my requirements, I'd like to continue putting my favorite instagram pics on here.  Sorry if they are duplicates.  That is, if anybody even reads this anymore.  I'm totally fine if it's just me and my Aunt Jennifer:)  Mike has been getting me more and more interested in family history and as I go through it I find myself wish that more of their stories were documented for me to read.  I've really felt a need to step up my own family history documentation for those who will follow me and my little family.  When blogs were a big thing a few years ago I was so glad because I'm not a great journal keeper.  I really wish that I were, but it isn't so.  This helped me keep track of us.  I also realized about myself that if I have a schedule for something it is much easier for me to stick with it.  So I created a set time for me to blog and hopefully that will help me.  We moved to 1p church this year and I've been dreading it because of Asher's need to nap from 12-2 or 1-3 every day. But, I will have more time in the morning and that's when I want to try to get it done.  I figure if I do it weekly then it won't pile up and really won't take up too much time.  Wish me luck.  

4 comments:

smartalec said...

And me! I read your blog! I especially love looking through your photos. You are an amazing photographer, and your kids are the cutest in the world. Seriously, I see kids from all over the world-I know these things :)
And, thanks for your comment. It meant more to me than I can even say.

Jen said...

Thanks for the shout out Steph. You made me smile on this early morning. I love feeling like I know your cute family even though I only see them in person every two years, so I vote you keep blogging!

Kourtney said...

I read your blog all the time! I know it's hard to commit to it but it is easier than remember to write in a journal for me! Your family is super cute, miss you guys!

KW said...

This is why I keep a blog too. It is my journal, a way of keeping a record for my family. Keep going!