Thursday, November 21, 2013

Croup isn't so bad, she realized.

Despite all my hard work washing and cleaning and diffusing oils, we still got sick.  For most everybody it has just been a bad cough and a runny nose but it hit little Asher pretty hard.  He got croup pretty bad.  I ended up taking him to the insta care sunday because he was having trouble breathing.  It wasn't too bad but his O2 sat was 85% when we got there.  He got a dexamethasone shot and we were sent on our way with hopes of sleeping a bit.  He was up all night the previous night because he was scared to go to sleep because that's when it was worse.  In my head this seemed like one of the worst possible scenarios.  But when we survived it and it wasn't so bad I started thinking about all the things that seemed like the very worst possible things {2 broken legs, 1 broken leg, hospital stays, NICU, etc.}  and I survived all of those things.  I CAN DO HARD THINGS.  I don't always feel like in the middle of these situations, but it's always clear afterwards.  If I could only find a way to get it stuck in my brain.
Look at him today-just playing with Hal like he's a big kid.  You wouldn't even know he was sick.
As we get closer to Thanksgiving, I'm sure thankful these little guys get to spend the day with me.  Far too soon they will be in school all day with the others and I'll miss them so so much.

2 comments:

KW said...

Hank got croup too, but never had trouble breathing, just that barky cough. I was scared it would be worse, but thank goodness we got over it. It always seems worse during it, but once we are out of the fog, all is alright again.

Mindy said...

It's not too late ... you can still have a couple more :)