Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hal's birthday and the corn maze.

I have a confession.  For the last few months I thought she was turning 6.  She's not.  She's only 5.  She's just so grown up lately.  She uses big words and stays up late with the big kids.  I think we have always treated her older than she is because she is tall and smart.  My little Hal.  I love her.  
 Apparently this was what she wanted.
 She really wanted to go a corn maze for her birthday.  I think Asher had the most fun.  He went down this slide 28 times.  He loved it.  Luckily I had a few big helpers so I didn't have to take him over and over and over... We were down at my mom's because Mike was off partying in Brazil (really for work, but like a party to him).
 Isn't she a cute little thing?
 4 crazies.
 He could have played in this corn ALL DAY.
 He thought it was hilarious to put it down his shirt.  Over and over and over.  Yes, that IS a goat.  It escaped his little pen and hopped in here with Asher.
 Here is Hal's cake.  Mindy and Lucas really like to be in charge of cakes.  And Hal was thrilled.  Her very own picture on the cake?  She felt famous.  And of course they chose this picture, it is the epitome of my little Halle.  She's one of a kind for sure.
 She was a little shy when we were all singing to her.  I love when she gets like this.
This was the first birthday that Asher was big enough to participate a little and I think he's a fan.  HE even helped blow out the candles.

She also got her ears pierced.

She kept telling everybody that's what she was getting for her birthday- she just never mentioned it to me.  That's all she wanted though and she promised to be responsible.  So we went for it.  She asked if it was ok to cry.  But in the end she was very brave!  And she's been the one reminding me to clean them.  She's quite a gal, my Hal.

*be sure you don't miss the pictures of my kitchen in the next post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

It was such a fun day - thanks for inviting us!

Happy Birthday Hal!!

KW said...

Hey! You won one of the Ruby Giveaways. You may have already emailed me your address, but some haven't come through. Will you email it to me again?